Question re:B4CE

pdxbohica

Reaction score
The bass player in my band got a B4CE a while back of of CL. Had it set up and the under saddle pick replaced. Turns out he's not enamored with the short scale so he's looking sell it. It is a 1994, s/n AB040408.
GuildB4CEheadstock.jpg

GuildB4CEside.jpg

GuildB4CEfront.jpg

Any idea what the price should be? I think he paid about $400 - $450 when he bought it.

Any suggestions on a long scale acoustic bass?

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
you should be able to get 800$ is what I'd guess. but I would take it for 400$. :wink:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
pdxbohica said:
The bass player in my band got a B4CE a while back of of CL. Had it set up and the under saddle pick replaced. Turns out he's not enamored with the short scale so he's looking sell it. It is a 1994, s/n AB040408.

Any idea what the price should be? I think he paid about $400 - $450 when he bought it.

Any suggestions on a long scale acoustic bass?

Too bad. I bought mine precisely because it was a short scale.
I paid about $700 which included a HSC that is too long in the neck but does the job. I paid towards the high end although having one NOW was definitely a factor and dealing with a local seller helped.

I have seen them go for over $800 on eBay although not now. There is a black one that has not sold at $900 for almost a year. I am somewhat surprised but there are a few that have not sold at $400-$500. If you are not in a hurry, can write good ad copy and there are no condition issues I might try $500 or $600 depending upon the case. However if he wants to move it, the $400 is probably a good place to start.

pdxbohica

Reaction score
That one on ebay is all scratched and dinged. Way over priced.
b4e.jpg

Link to ebay item.

He's not in a hurry. Does have the OHSC and is in like new condidtion..

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was away for the weekend but I notice that the natural finish B4 with a $499 opening and a $599 BIN did not seem to sell and ended with zero bids.

I agree with the black one being overpriced, but I had not really considered it as being dinged up. My black one does not photograph well and and you can't tell what is a ding, what is a reflection, what is a camera artifact, what is harsh lighting and so on. But the pictures of that bass are not very flattering.