My Dad's Acheivement!!!!

JimbowF212

Reaction score
My dad was my main music partner untill his death in May of 2007. This was the one and only guitar he ever tried to make himself. He promised this one to my sister and she has it proudly on display in her home. He promised the next one to me but, after this one his health began to weaken to the point that he was never able to even start the second. I wish he was here to make me that guitar but... Here are some pics
DadWithGuitarHeMade0002.jpg

DadWithGuitarHeMade0001.jpg

Thanks for looking!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice looking guitar. Man, I couldn't build diddly squat, I just play 'em :D

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
That is a really beautiful instrument. You have good reason to be very proud of your dad.
- jw

JimbowF212

Reaction score
Thank You both for you kind words and I am very proud that he was, is and always will be MY DAD! I just hope he is proud of me.

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
You Bring a heartfelt tear to my eye Jimbow. I can certainly SEE my dad in yours. A good, and Kind man. Mine is gone too and I too, at 48, miss him very much. He didnt play guitar....but gave me a love of music. He never heard me play guitar....yet, he would LIKE what he hears....and often i think.....maybe HE DOES!
THANK YOU for sharing that, and those photos.....very special.
YOU have much reason to feel good and proud in your heart.....THAT TOO is your fathers gift to you.
What would your Aunt think of you borrowing that guitar and playing it now and then.?.....seems RIGHT that you should, though sometimes familys loose sight of 'what is right for awhile,....then, after some time, reason returns.
Hope YOU can play that guitar someday, and often man, It sure is a beauty. It took alot of guts and heart, and knowledge and know how ...and curiosity and love to make it. Made to be played.
Even if you cant play it as often as youd like.......THE mans MUSIC IS IN YOU!!!
I ve enjoyed seeing this Jim..............very MUCH appreciated! ENJOY! southern :wink:

Remember that Dan Fogelburg song......"leader of the band" ? it always gets me in the gut...and tears are just right there!!! THATS GOOD!!! we are fortunate indeed to FEEL as much!!!! :D

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
ooops...YOUR sister, not his sister. either way....share it as best you can and ENJOY IT and play it. If she holds it dear it is surely due to her love for him, and his for her. GOOD music should come from that guitar.

Proud of you?......Oh YEA.......I BET HE IS! :D

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Great post, great photos - I woud have no idea where to begin to build a guitar, that is a huge acomplishment!

And I too miss my Dad every day, and cherish the things that I kept of his, but boy, that guitar is something special...

walrus

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Great post, Jimbow.

Your Dad, and your relationship with him, was clearly special.

Dave

JimbowF212

Reaction score
What would your Aunt think of you borrowing that guitar and playing it now and then.?.....seems RIGHT that you should, though sometimes familys loose sight of 'what is right for awhile,....then, after some time, reason returns.
southernGuild said:
ooops...YOUR sister, not his sister. either way....share it as best you can and ENJOY IT and play it. If she holds it dear it is surely due to her love for him, and his for her. GOOD music should come from that guitar.

Proud of you?......Oh YEA.......I BET HE IS! :D
Hey SG;
As far as Playing it I helped him with some of the work and I got to try it out and played it quite a bit before my Sister ever saw it and she'll let me play it when I visit her she just won't let anyone take it out of her house.
Thanks to All for the Words of Kindness.