Studio 330 Sessions

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
We moved to the country about 6 months ago and didn't expect much on television. Turns out we have a telephone and TV coop whose service is fantastic. Anyway, I'd never had all of these music stations, and on our channel 140 is a CMT channel called "Pure Country". Every night Pure Country aires clips that they call "Studio 330 Sessions". Recorded by just the artists in a CMT studio with no audience, it's some of the finest recordings I've seen yet............very intimate setting and some very candid recordings. Fabulous to watch if you get a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe7_HoLW2oU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv7orwRfqRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bp-iucA ... PL&index=2

West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
West R Lee said:
.....". Every night Pure Country aires clips that they call "Studio 330 Sessions". Recorded by just the artists in a CMT studio with no audience, it's some of the finest recordings I've seen yet............very intimate setting and some very candid recordings. Fabulous to watch if you get a chance.

West

+1...

We watched many of the sessions a few weeks ago. I guess the Studio 330 sessions were scheduled to air on the West Coast a few weeks before they hit your country.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
We didn't have access with our old cable provider in town Jeff. We didn't get the channel until we moved out into the middle of nowhere. Even the manager of cable in town told me he wished he had access to the cable/internet/phone coop we have out here. They stopped by yesterday to ask permission to road bore across the street to our home to run fiber optic and connect us at no charge. We're very happy with what we have, but like I said, we didn't have that particular CMT channel until we moved here.

West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Generally I'm unimpressed with television, there is some interesting music laced in our local cable provider's offerings. Earlier this evening we caught Jason Aldean & Tracy Lawrence on a Studio 330 session. All acoustic, nice stuff.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
That'a what I really enjoy about it Jeff. Last night they had some young guy on that does a song that I'd heard on the radio many times. The radio version is accompanied by a bunch of electric stuff. In the Studio 330 version they played last night, it was him with an acoustic and a lead acoustic player...............just incredible. More like something played at the "Yacht Club". Maybe a couple of imperfections, but even those were nice. It just seems a bit more pure to me played acoustically. They also played a great one by Alison Krauss.

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Dr Izza Plumber said:
Good post, West. :D

Mrs. West took me to see Keith Urban a couple of years ago as I'm a big Urban fan. "The Wreckers" (Michelle Branch) opened for Urban and I wasn't too pumped up about listening to a couple of girls play. By the time they finished, Urban could have stayed home. Those young ladies were fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po9LwQ9X9_I

West

TonyT

Reaction score
She did a TV show with Def Leopard where they sang each others songs. Kid can rock the house.

TonyT

Reaction score
Yep, that was it. She really showed her stuff singing their songs. She talked about how her Mom was a huge DL fan and how she grew up listening to them. The DL guys looked a little uncomfortable hearing this little girl talk about hearing their stuff when she was a toddler, then they got on stage and she really brung it. I think she's amazing and I can't help singing along when she comes on the radio.Be fun to see where her songwriting goes as she gets older. Singers are really a dime a dozen, but as Kristofferson said, singers live in the million dollar houses and songwriters live in the 10 million dollar houses.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
But she's always been a songwriter Tony, she talks about it in one of her interviews. She won a state poetry contest when she was 10 years old and has been writing ever since. She was actually writing for Nashville artists as she got her big breaks. In fact I think she said she writes about 80% of her songs.

West