New Guild Jet Star member

Reaction score
Hi Guys! My name is Bionic-Joe or Joe or stage name-Basil T. "Baz" Cooper. I'm a Former Gibson Thunderbird player who recently acquired 3 1966 Guild Jetstar Basses. One is in Dire need of restoration. Glad to see a forum like this. I've already met Peteybass. Greetings! I'll post a few pics as soon as i figure out how to do so.

MARICOPAA

Reaction score
Hey Bionic-Joe...I love those Guild JetStar basses. Looking forward to some pics. I wonder if you are the same 'Bionic-Joe' I met down at NAMM at the La Quinta Inn & Suites...you (if it is you) gave me a couple CD's with blues tracks on them...kind of like band-in-a-box CD's to play along with. great to jam with!

Post those pics and what problems you are having with the restoration!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to both of you. JetStars are just a bit before what little I know so I won't be any help. To post pix basically you need to upload them st some site, lie Picasa or Photobucket and then link.

mellowgerman

Reaction score
Welcome! Can't wait to see those photos!
Bisonics or mickey mouse pickups in those jetstars?

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll post pics when I get a chance to join photobucket. All 3 of my basses have what I guess is called the "Mickey mouse", which I think sounds KILLER. I have never played a Bi-sonic and am very curious. I have 2 65 thunderbirds that are resting nicely in their cases since i got the Jet Stars. All 3 have the T bird style headstock. About 4-5 years ago, I had a Jet Star that had the 2 per side tuners but it was stripped and ALL of the parts were changed. I sadly dumped it. I am trying o find info on them but nobody seems to know much.