WTB / Audio Guild Amplifier(s)

MARICOPAA

Reaction score
Hey all...I'm nursing a real jones (thats' old guy terminology for G.A.S ) for a nice Audio Guild amplifier if anyone has one they want to part with (yeah, if you are like me, parting with gear is hard but sometimes that day comes ;-) ).

Anyway...I'm looking and interested if anyone hasone, knows of one or just wants to chat Audio Guilds.

thanks,

maricopaa

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
MARICOPAA said:
Hey all...I'm nursing a real jones (thats' old guy terminology for G.A.S ) for a nice Audio Guild amplifier if anyone has one they want to part with (yeah, if you are like me, parting with gear is hard but sometimes that day comes ;-) ). Anyway...I'm looking and interested if anyone hasone, knows of one or just wants to chat Audio Guilds.
Hi Chris; ... no go with dood? John

MARICOPAA

Reaction score
It went great with dood!

That Audio Guild 'Tall Boy' is on it's way.

I'm looking for more ;-)

I like these amps and would like a variety so I thought I would ask.

They aren't for everybody so there might be some out there that are available.

Reaction score
hey guys: I just got a new amp. I was standing in a local music store the other day talking to a friend guitar tech and in a back room I spied an old amp with the Titano logo on the front. Already knowing more or less what it was (a Magnatone clone) I walked in and took a look. A tag on it read "blown spkr and other problems. please fix" with a name and ph #. when I looked at the date on the tag I saw it had been sitting for a year and a half !! It had the owners name and number on it so I just wrote them down and asked my friend about it. He said a guy that works there part time owned it and he usually plays his Marshall stacks. So I went home and gave him a call. A couple of days later he called back and said yea he might sell it. So a couple of days later I met him at the store, he said he wanted about $400 for it and I pointed out with the blown spkr and other unknown problems I would give him $300 but he balked so finally we agreed on $340 and away I went ecstatic over this score as I knew it was a very rare Audio Guild Titano ..Magnatone clone from the early 60's. I went home and fired it up and it played and sounded GREAT in spite of a blown speaker. I opened it up and found a 1x12 (good) and 1x8" that was blown. I just happened to a replacement laying around and slapped it in there and buttoned it up and OH MY GAWD!!! Talk about Holy Grail tone!!
I think this sounds better than my Twilighter 260 which is a Magnatone 2x12 with the great Vibrato but the Titano has both Vib and Reverb.
The front panel looks identical to the tall Panaramic posted and I think the chassis layout looks the same as well thou I don't have the amp here now to check for sure ( running out the door for reh. house. LOL)
OK so I know there is almost no info on these amps out there but if anyone has one and can tell me more about the "DUAL CHANNEL" system on this amp and how it works I would really appreciate the help. Regardless it's fantastic Blues and Classic rock style amp with a to die for break up that just screams the Blues!!
Sorry I can't do pics right now.
peace Capt Kirk