Guild Sequoia

Reaction score
Greetings everyone
I am not exactly what you might call a guild enthusiast - yet atleast. I recently bought this beautiful amplifier and have since been all over the net to try and find any information about it. I knew nothing about the Guild name before buying it, but I saw it at my friend's store and knew that I had to own it.
so here's hoping that some of you wise men of LTG recognize this beauty. I am after just about any information I can get. Tubes, production year, location of production, output effect - what ever! :)
I have searched this forum looking for any posts already mentioning the Guild Sequoia or g-700 (I think that's what it is called?), but have been unable to find anything.
I will post more pictures, when I get my camera working again. A few of the knobs are missing on the picture, but I found them in the back of the amplifier.
Guild.jpg

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well I really can't shed to much light on your amp other that to say it was designed for "Acoustic/Electric" guitars.

Maybe we should "Google" it!

Here's somebody selling one. (Looks like a French site!, About haflway down the page. Click on photo! )

There's another amp in this series called the Aspen. Here's a photo and information link. (Click on photo!)

It looks like it's in German, maybe one of our Deutschland Guild brothers can help?

I have the smallest model, the "Tamarack";

Tamarack.jpg

Then I have a catalog cut for the Guild "Stool" amp the G-1000. It says that it was also available in a "Combo" cabinet as a G-500. I'll see if I can scan it and post it tonight after I get home from work!

Well that's all I got!

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for the info - atleast that sheds some light on the matter.
I have googled it myself - of course - but never came up with the results you have.
thanks for the effort, and keep it comming if you find out more :p

BluesDan

Reaction score
Can't help with the Sequoia but I do have the Aspen. Twin 8" speaker, all transistor. Does what transistor amps do.........all clean all the time whether at vol 1 or 10. Reverb is subpar. Has other effects such as "notch" and "rototron" that I find mainly useless. I purchased it for its beautiful wood cabinet and out of curiousity for an acoustic amp, which is what it is designed for. Interestingly enough, I like it more for getting nice clean tones from my strat than I like it as an acoustic amp. Amp is obviously very heavy, mine is basically an end table at home, not something to lug from jam to jam.

I know the above may not sound like a stellar reccomendation of the amp but I do like it for what it is. No intentions of getting rid of it any time soon.

Let us know what you think of the Sequoia after you have had a chance to plug in and play awhile. They do seem relatively rare.

Edit...just noticed Grots link says the aspen has two 10" speakers, I thought they were 8's, I could be wrong, will have to re-check when I get home......so maybe 8's....maybe 10's :wink:

Edit take 2: Yup......2 10's.