Hilgen Pacesetter

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
http://cgi.ebay.com/ESTATE-RARE-60s-HIL ... 20ae949aa0

Starting to get somewhat of a reputation, mainly because people can still afford them. This one has the standard 7591 outputs, but also has reverb and tremelo. It looks like the same cabinet as my bass model, but maybe a 12" speaker instead of a 15"

330257364_o.jpg

330257394_o.jpg

330257651_o.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Power amp up; preamp down?

Hi kydog; there are too few of these coming and going to get a sense of what that particular model sells for. It still has the original power cord suggesting that it still has its original filter caps; between $100-$150 in bench costs if the caps are original. You can ask but since seller didn't ID the output tubes, they probably won't know ... they also say they didn't power it up so they don't know whether it passes a signal or not.

But the reverb is nice to have; Hilgen's take on an Ampeg Reverberocket or Gibson GA19. It could be killer in good running condition except that seller doesn't say that's the case. Not sure how anyone else feels but $250-$275 max??

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
The electronics haven't been touched - I can tell just by the gutshots. It has those huge 60's axial filter caps. Looks like it led a fairly sheltered life, so the speaker is probably ok. If it uses the same parts as mine, it'll have a manly output transformer mounted on the preamp side of the chassis. They're a pretty easy amp to service - pull off the back panel and everything is staring you in the face. The only mod I could suggest would be vents, because there are none and it can get a little warm.
I think that cj has the price right.