Guild B-401A featured in Vintage Guitar Magazine

Reaction score
I own a very rare Guild Bass ( B-401A). It's completely original, with the original tan and leather Guild Hard case with the plastic, gold colored Guild badge on it. This particular Guild Bass is going to be profiled in the upcoming Vintage Guitar Magazine (March 2010) which will be hitting the bookshelves in about two weeks.

Willie Moseley, the author of the popular "Bass Space" column, has completed a two part, detailed account of late '60's to early '80's Guild Bass guitars, with the February edition ( out now on newstands ) spotlighting a M-85 from the mid '70's.

My B-401A is highlighted this issue, with a full page, color photo. It's a great picture of a great bass.

If anyone is interested, I"m going to be selling this exact bass, with case, for $1050 plus shipping. Just think, you could own an instrument that's been featured in a very prominent magazine. That's a pretty good provenance for a rare instrument.

Serial number is BD1002XX . Please feel free to write me if interested, and we'll chat. I'd really like one of the members to get this, instead of someone simply trying to profit off of this rare bird ...

GuildB401A_VGMag.jpg

guild-b014a8.jpg

guild-b014a17.jpg

guild-b014a15.jpg

guild-b014a9.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Wow :shock: 8) :shock: 8) :shock: 8)

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That's a nice looking piece of ash! :wink:

Dave

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats! I'll be looking for the artical!

Here's my B-402 with the two pick-ups. (It's really got some cool electronics in it!);

100_6504.jpg

And one with the cool stained finish;

rt122.jpg