Hamer Monaco Superpro

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Has anyone here tried or owned this guitar?

I may be in a position to trade my Victoria amp for a Superpro. It has long interested me. Fender scale, chambered mahogany body, carved maple top. Two Duncan HBs, which I'd probably change. Something about that long scale, combined with the woodier, more acoustic sound possible from such a construction, is intriguing.

Anyone?

MD

cmatthes

Reaction score
I have played several of them, and my former lead guitarist has played one as his main playing and recording guitar for the last 6 years.

PHENOMENAL guitar - incredibly well built, light, resonant and the stock pickups are a perfect match for that guitar. I really tried to not like that guitar based on the initial promo pics I saw, but playing one changed my mind completely. In my opinion, you really can't go wrong with those guitars.

Here are the two he's had:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
If it looks like one of these ... Hamer Monaco ... they make great-looking guitars.

MONSABC_sm.jpg

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Yes, that's the one! Damn, I'd love one of these. Something about chambered solid bodies, seems to make for interesting sound. I almost had a trade going on one, but it fell through. Anybody have one they're not using???

MD

Reaction score
If you ever get the chance to walk through the Ct Factory, you'll see the work that goes into those Hamers (as well as Adamas and Ovation guitars and now Guilds as well). I have twice and came away incredibly impressed. The workers there are the best and the fit and finish of the Hamers show that. Highly recommended.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi WeaserP and welcome to LTG. I don't doubt what you say but there are a lot of people here who wish they'd just re-arrange that headstock a little ... flare it at the end ... put a big bump at the tip and a couple of small shoulders on either side ... I wonder if in 50 years, Hamers will be as cherished as the vintage Starfires and Aristocrats are now? Again, welcome!

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't doubt it, cj! There have been quite a few that I've lusted after in my heart.

000002173.jpg

jimmy-carter-picture.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi WP: if you get a moment, think about starting a new 'Hi Everybody ... my name is WeaserP' thread in the 'LTGer Only' Forum. You can say as much or as little as you wish but if you introduce yourself, it'll warm the place up a little bit for you and make it easier for everyone to get to know you ... unless you're an axe murderer ... or a spammer ... or... :wink: CJ

alpep

Reaction score
the monaco superpro has been my main electric for about the past 10 years.
I can't say enough good things about them.
I have sold several and also had a few custom ordered for people.

I love the chambered body and overall feel of the guitar.
recently I have been playing a 54 gretsch silverjet more but I the monaco will get back into rotation soon. it is my go to guitar for electric gigs.

the only customization I made was adding some voodoo pickups by peter florance they give a little more bite that suits my playing well