Backside view

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Took at look at this today, but opted to pass. Craigslist posting, a pretty significant issue not noted in the ad or conversation. Ah well.

Anyway, back side is so striking I thought a few might like a peek.

venturaback.jpg

Ian

Reaction score
evenkeel said:
Took at look at this today, but opted to pass. Craigslist posting, a pretty significant issue not noted in the ad or conversation. Ah well.

venturaback.jpg

...and watch out for Adorshki !!!!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
guitardude said:
evenkeel said:
What...striking backsides? :shock: :lol: I may be a little lonely but I'm not kinky...not with inanimate objects anyway... :mrgreen:

Ian

Reaction score
adorshki said:
guitardude said:
evenkeel said:
What...striking backsides? :shock: :lol: I may be a little lonely but I'm not kinky...not with inanimate objects anyway... :mrgreen:

...give it another couple of days :lol:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
guitardude said:
..give it another couple of days..
Now that you mention it I did read about something called a "beaver cleaver" around here somewhere...that sure gets the curiosity up... :?

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Just guessing from the shape of the heel - is that a Taylor?

Dave :)

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
dapmdave said:
Just guessing from the shape of the heel - is that a Taylor?
Dave :)

No. A early 70's Japanese built Ventura. V-35. Solid spruce top, lam "god only knows what" back. :wink: :?:

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Jerry...STOP. Its to early in the morning....and I just forgot what I have to do today....
........Ventura made clones of Martins back then, Gibsons too....they were sued and made to stop, their guitars were way good....for the price. :D Steffan

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
taabru45 said:
Jerry...STOP. Its to early in the morning....and I just forgot what I have to do today....
........Ventura made clones of Martins back then, Gibsons too....they were sued and made to stop, their guitars were way good....for the price. :D Steffan

I don't think that is accurate. The only actual lawsuit was the parent company of Gibson, Norlin Industires, who sued Elger guitars, the US distributors for Ibanez. The lawsuit took Elger to task for the direct copy of Gibsons headstock design. The suit was settled. In an interesting to this group twist, the new headstock was a near copy of Guilds.

Martin has often been reported to have sued Takamine for the same reason, headstock design. Martin actually did not sue, but did request Takamine to stop. Tak did so it it never got to court.

Lots of guitars get labeled "lawsuit" guitars. 90+% do not really qualify.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
adorshki said:
guitardude said:
.that sure gets the curiosity up... :?
So now the "curiosity" is up, is it? :wink:
Are we speaking in metaphors....again?

Joe
ME speak in metaphors? THAT would "raise" some flags... No wait...that's semaphores... :? :wink:
'Course whenever I eat a brownie I'm liable to say anything....good thing THOSE are all gone...but that poor shepherd dog keeps showing up at my door begging... :mrgreen:

Ian

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
adorshki said:
guitardude said:
.that sure gets the curiosity up... :?
So now the "curiosity" is up, is it? :wink:
Are we speaking in metaphors....again?

Joe

Hey Joe,

We're gonna have to excuse Adorshki here, his girlfriends away so he's a bit without within, if you know what I mean.... He kind of reminds me of a dog I used to have of the crotch sniffing and leg humping variety :lol:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
guitardude said:
We're gonna have to excuse Adorshki here, his girlfriends away so he's a bit without within, if you know what I mean.... He kind of reminds me of a dog I used to have of the crotch sniffing and leg humping variety :lol:
THIS from a man who had my daughter Am-ah-ah-ha-a-nda on his dinner table.....Thank goodness Jerry spotted her alive and well out there somehwere. 8)

Ian

Reaction score
adorshki said:
guitardude said:
THIS from a man who had my daughter Am-ah-ah-ha-a-nda on his dinner table.....Thank goodness Jerry spotted her alive and well out there somehwere. 8)

But what did Jerry do with her afterwards ????
:lol:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
guitardude said:
adorshki said:
guitardude said:
THIS from a man who had my daughter Am-ah-ah-ha-a-nda on his dinner table.....Thank goodness Jerry spotted her alive and well out there somewhere. 8)

UH-OH.... I ha-ah-ah-dn't th-ough-ough-ought of that...... :shock:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
guitardude said:
adorshki said:
guitardude said:
THIS from a man who had my daughter Am-ah-ah-ha-a-nda on his dinner table.....Thank goodness Jerry spotted her alive and well out there somewhere. 8)

UH-OH.... I ha-ah-ah-dn't th-ough-ough-ought of that...... :shock:

Nothing like a bit of stuffing with your meat :wink:
(I may not be from New Zealand - but I have Welsh ancestry :mrgreen: )

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
evenkeel said:
Took at look at this today, but opted to pass. Craigslist posting, a pretty significant issue not noted in the ad or conversation. Ah well. Anyway, back side is so striking I thought a few might like a peek.

venturaback.jpg

Hi EK; agree with you about the actual # of lawsuits filed but less sure about the # of Cease and Desist letters that got generated. Googling Steffan's remark about Ventura Guitars Read More Here Has the Spanish heel (?) thing going and the moderately cheesy tuning machines:

cat_1970sventura_page_04.jpg

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
I have seen that Ventura page. Very cool old catalog. Here is a Ventura/Gibby knockoff on the bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mint-Vintage-Ventur ... 4a9df64d77

The Ventura I looked at although labeled V35, was not a Martin clone. In addition to the different wood use on the backside check out the top.

venturatop.jpg

Maybe made in the late 70's, after they had started to move away from such direct copies.