My Newest…sorry not a Guild

dane

Reaction score
My Newest…sorry not a Guild

I can’t believe I done it, but I did. I bought a new guitar that is not a Guild. I feel so dirty and cheep! I’m such a tramp! Ok…feeling better now. It’s funny how you can be looking for one thing and end up with something completely different. For a while I’ve been going around kicking the tires on a lot of guitars to see if anything tripped my trigger. At first I was very intent on getting a twelve string, preferably a F512 but in my quest I found myself heading in a totally different direction. Instead of a jumbo or another dreadnought I became interested in short scale, small body guitars. In all the years I’ve been playing I had never considered a parlor/concert sized guitar, and I really don’t know why. I was trying to decide between a Larrivee, Taylor, and a Martin when a shop not to far from me put this short scale guitar up on ebay at a fair price, so I went and looked at it, played it…and bought it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350302783864&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Dane

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
Re: My Newest…sorry not a Guild

That's beautiful Dane! The back is spectacular, and slotted headstocks are so... logical! I'd be interested in what you think of the pickup system once you get a chance to try it.

Thunderface

Reaction score

Dane,

You're looking at it the wrong way. Nothing wrong with getting another brand, if only to serve as confirmation about what you might already know, that Guild guitars are tremendous. Nice guitar.

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score

Sweet :!: :D :!: Beautiful guitar. I'm sure she has a sweet voice.

I love my slot head, 12 freter until I get to restringing time. A bit of swearing and a few drops of blood always seem to be part of the process. But it's worth it :!: :wink: :!:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score

Dane,

Lovely guitar, and maybe worth the dirty, cheap, trampy feeling.
I had occasion to play one in a local store and the only thing that caused me to balk was the price tag. I was on the way to the grocery store and had to stay on track for....food! :shock:
I know all about MISdirection while under the influence of GAS!

Enjoy,
Joe

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

dane said:
I can’t believe I done it, but I did. I bought a new guitar that is not a Guild. I feel so dirty and cheep! I’m such a tramp!
Looks good and you'll get over the guilt eventually. You could always learn a setting of Ave Verum as penance :wink:

cjd-player

Reaction score

Congrats, Dane!!
Those are fabulous guitars. :D :D
I'm sure you're going to love it. They are soooooo nice to play. :D
The intimate body size, the fabulous neck, and the short scale. Playability just doesn't get any better, short of an electric guitar.

I've noticed, as I grow older, a bit more stiffness in my left hand when I play. Nothing serious at the moment, but I don't want it to get worse. I have been testing out and have also fallen in love with the Taylor short-scale guitars. They're just so easy on the hand when playing. I spent about 3 hours in a store a few weeks ago playing away, and my hand never bothered me a bit. I love that short scale so much that I am selling three of my guitars to pay for a custom Taylor Grand Concert (short scale) that I ordered.

I have had an older model Taylor Grand Concert (812ce, redwood on rosewood) since 2003 and it's been my favorite guitar. I'm getting the same guitar in the newer version with the short scale. They've also increased the body depth a bit since 2003.

Don't feel guilty about buying a non-Guild.
Guild needs to get out from under their box and realize that there are a lot of guitar players who don't want a traditional dreadnaught or 60's folk guitar, who want cutaways, and who want different woods. Overgeneralized, but you get my drift.
Hopefully the new plant will create some new models to reach a broader market.

smellygoatboy

Reaction score
vt0g.jpg
Had a Jansen Invader in the early 60's. Strat body with Jaguar switching system and made in Coastieland, named after the great New Zealand 60's band Ray Columbus and the Invaders. Great strat bell tones for surf music.These guitars were bought by many Americans working in NZ at Christchurch which was a depot for the US Antarctic south pole bases. Saw it on Ebay a month ago and couldn't pass it up.

smellygoatboy

Reaction score
General Motors Xmas party for the workers children 1964, playing a Jansen Invader on the left. Those young kids would be Grandmothers now.!!!
gew1z.jpg

smellygoatboy

Reaction score
An article in the US Guitar Magazine sings the praises of the Jansen guitar. " And arguably, the worlds most famous instrumental was played on Jansen Jazzman - WIPEOUT by the SURFARIS and there is one hanging on the wall in the HARD ROCK CAFE in NEWYORK." Similar to this pick.
n2uww.jpg

smellygoatboy

Reaction score
New guitarist trying out for the band " The Presidents Of The United States Of America " playing a Jansen Session-man, photo from a Jansen web site. A little bit of trick photography I think.!!!
f3ml.jpg