Any Comments on this eBay Starfire project bass?

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't know what your budget is, but there's no mention of how bad the frets may be. If you've got the cash, it might be worth a gamble.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
If I had the skill to install a Dark Star and wiring, I'd consider it personally.

The bridge is not original but does appear to have saddles. Original bridge would have had the straight top, not curved. Not sure I'd spend the cash to try and restore the bridge given that the PU and wiring are gone.

Curiously I have seen BA-1061 and BA-1062 for sale. (For future reference when the link to eBay no longer works, this is BA-1064). The former was converted to a SF II by adding a Guild humbucker at the bridge. The latter currently has a natural finish, although I don't know whether that is a refin or not.

mellowgerman

Reaction score
I saw that one too. The only thing that would drive me away from it would be the potential of bad frets as previously mentioned... otherwise this should have been a killer deal on a quality piece of wood.

Did you win it?

Yggdrasil

Reaction score
mellowgerman said:
I saw that one too. The only thing that would drive me away from it would be the potential of bad frets as previously mentioned... otherwise this should have been a killer deal on a quality piece of wood.

Did you win it?

No - I decided that I'm not handy enough.

I did ask him about the frets; he said they were fine.