genz benz

kydog

Reaction score
thought that I would take a minute to tell you all about my genz benz shenandoah acoustic 85 amp. Done a little research and this model is not made any more. Newer versions are available. As far as the sound that this amp reproduces I have to give it a 9 out of a 10. some amps that I have tried sound good but I could never get them to make my guitar sound as good as it does when my guitar is not pluged in. Just saying that I am a happy little camper. Thanks

cjd-player

Reaction score
I have the Shenandoah 100. The older model before they switched to the neodymium magnet speakers. I fully agree on the tone issue. These were the best sounding acoustic amps when I was auditioning them. The 85 watt was already discontinued - replaced by the 100 watt that I bought.

I used mine with some borrowed extension speakers as a PA system when I played at my daughter's wedding a couple years ago.

They are great amps. I just love the semi-parabolic EQ on the mids. I think that's what takes these amps above the competition for acoustic guitars.