5 string advanced guild pilot!!!!

nalapit13

Reaction score
just snagged what i think is the hardest pilot in the land to come by!! an advanced pilot 5 string. this pic is borrowed from the seller. i will post more if anyone is interested once i get it in my hands!!

anyone else ever seen one, owned one or played one?

this is the first one i have ever come across. and i have owned a few pilots in my days. Grot's #19, 4 other advanced, and about 30 or more other pilots.

i would love to hear comments or anything on this baby!!

advanced5.jpg

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
congrats and welcome. maybe I am wrong, but it should have been you who got it, since you are the one with the biggest pilot (collec)addiction. aren't you? :D

nalapit13

Reaction score
i am cactustattoo in his registry. :mrgreen:

but i have let go of all those pilots the advanced 5 is the only pilot i currently own.

unless grot wants to sell #19 back to me..............................

stclrob

Reaction score
Was this the one discussed here? Obviously the craigslist ad is well expired, but I think I've seen this pic before. Very sweet score. :shock:

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
stclrob said:
Was this the one discussed here? Obviously the craigslist ad is well expired, but I think I've seen this pic before. Very sweet score. :shock:
That's the one! I tried to negotiate the price with the guy but he wouldn't move. Glad somebody from here got it!

nalapit13

Reaction score
i didnt even haggle. i figured it was a fair price being there are only 9 in existence.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
nalapit13 said:
i didnt even haggle. i figured it was a fair price being there are only 9 in existence.
:lol:
I'm sure Grot's collection would be smaller if it weren't for some haggling. That said, I have overpaid, in some people's opinion, anyway, for items that I wanted and had no intention of flipping or reselling so I'm not gonna suggest anyone should have haggled.

Nice bass, BTW and welcome to LTG.

nalapit13

Reaction score
i dont even play 5 stringers. i bought it purely for what it was.

i guess i was kinda shocked that with only 9 in existence the price in my opinion was a bit low.

Squawk

Reaction score
Kurt -

I've noticed on your website that you have a '88 SB-902. Do you know how many of these were made? Mine is amber, and looks just like Nalapit's with a string missing :)

nalapit13

Reaction score
i have received the 5 string!!!!!!!!!!!!!

initial impressions are mixed. the tuners have been changed to schallers, the input jack has been changed. has emg pickups, weird cause i thought advanced had bartolinis, but dont know what the 5's were loaded with. the board is rosewood which looks sexy as hell. the knobs are not like any stock guild i have ever seen.

i know i am picking a bit but just pointing out some little quirks, regardless of what my little picking issues are it is still one of nine!!!!!!!!!!!!

and it sounds awesome!!

fab467

Reaction score
nalapit13 said:
i have received the 5 string!!!!!!!!!!!!!

initial impressions are mixed. the tuners have been changed to schallers, the input jack has been changed. has emg pickups, weird cause i thought advanced had bartolinis, but dont know what the 5's were loaded with. the board is rosewood which looks sexy as hell. the knobs are not like any stock guild i have ever seen.

i know i am picking a bit but just pointing out some little quirks, regardless of what my little picking issues are it is still one of nine!!!!!!!!!!!!

and it sounds awesome!!
Congrats on your new guitar. Sounds as though the bonding process was instantaneous... :)

Post some pics please. 8)

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
yeah, and soundclips! :mrgreen:
and I guess the EMG's are probably the better choice anyway. does it have the bartolini tbc ot the emg?

edit: maybe a stupid question, since the barts are passive and EMG's active, right?

nalapit13

Reaction score
i hope to get out of work early enough today to snap a few pics outside today. soundclips unfortunately i do not have the technology to do.