What kind of Pilot?

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guys, you know this story.

I was thinking I'd like to own another bass, and saw a nice Pilot on flea-bay, and tossed out a bid, thinking it wouldn't stand. Now I am the owner of a Pilot bass. :shock: Now that it's arrived and I've played it, I really like it. Has that cool transparent sound I like, but can also make a nice traditional round tone I like, too.

So, is this a 602? 902? It's got dot markers on a nice rosewood board, EMGs and a slick Guild (Mueller?) bridge. It has a cool-looking transparent dark grey finish, and is obviously solid maple. The flames go all the way around the body and meet in the back. Grover tuners, which seem a little hinky. Also has a nice Guild case.

Here's a few pictures.

Pilot1.jpg

Pilot2.jpg

SN BE103xxx (around 1990?)

Dave :D

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
congrats dave, very nice bass. it is a pilot sb-602m (the m for maple body was an option) and BE103xxx should be between 1988-1990 as mentioned on the guild website. if you get bored with it one day...... :wink:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
krysh said:
congrats dave, very nice bass. it is a pilot sb-602m (the m for maple body was an option) and BE103xxx should be between 1988-1990 as mentioned on the guild website. if you get bored with it one day...... :wink:

Thanks a bunch, Michael. I hope it's a keeper, but I'll keep you in mind. 8)

Dave