What do you do when you dis-establish a Thunder 1 ?

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Elephantry, my dear Witzoff !!

You build A WuzzaLuxe (6G3) T1 .........

IMG_2015.jpg

Partly built. I need a T1 replica chassis, pots and transformers and an 8" speaker. Amp. will wear a Celestion Green, which I have.

I also need some money !!

And, when you've got your Wuzzaluxe finished, what better complement than a Wuzzatone Go-Boingy (6G15) ........

IMG_2018.jpg

And, yes ......... more funds needed !

It'll all come together in my lifetime !

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Is that the process known as Prot1disestablishmentarianism? I'm guessing the engineering section at Wuzzatronics Sound Labs NZ has considered re-cycling the chassis ... is their analysis going to be published? Put on Youtube?

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
Love it Coastie! Do you want the demated 8" from zaczampz partzpile?

If you have just a bit of orange left, consider a stomp box, the Fuzzy Wuzzy perhaps?

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
so, its a deluxe circuit running the 1x12 and the 1x8 speakers, or is it an either/or/both option? The reverb box..a kit? Looking forward to seeing the chassis for that. Keep us posted!

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yes Zac, a deLuxe clone running both speakers.

No, the GoBoingy isn't a kit. Making it from scratch. Lots of relaxing fun, I find. Cutting circuit board, drilling mounting pattern, fitting eyelets etc. etc.
Finally, out of that chaos of electronic bits, you have a (hopefully) functioning amplifier.

Saint Leo had the great wisdom to leave us schematics/layouts of most everything that Fender made.

And of course, I'd be up the proverbial creek, without the wonderful assistance of Miami John.

unknown.jpg

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
coastie99 said:
Yes Zac, a deLuxe clone running both speakers.

No, the GoBoingy isn't a kit. Making it from scratch. Lots of relaxing fun, I find. Cutting circuit board, drilling mounting pattern, fitting eyelets etc. etc.
Finally, out of that chaos of electronic bits, you have a (hopefully) functioning amplifier.

Saint Leo had the great wisdom to leave us schematics/layouts of most everything that Fender made.

And of course, I'd be up the proverbial creek, without the wonderful assistance of Miami John.

unknown.jpg

Last time I was there, it was completely out of stock. :wink:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
coastie99 said:
... And of course, I'd need a paddle if i was goin' up this creek ...
Somewhere along the west coast of Nooseylund ... eatcher heart out Big Sur :p :

IMG_1604.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
coastie99 said:
... And of course, I'd need a paddle if i was goin' up this creek ...
Somewhere along the west coast of Nooseylund ... eatcher heart out Big Sur :p :
IMG_1604.jpg
Boy, Sur's my backyard and I can't argue that! Looks like LOTS better swimmin' holes!

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well, the WuzzaLuxe T1 has now morphed into a Gibson GA18T - clone ! A Wuzza 18T1 I guess.

A little difficult to obtain a few of the parts for this ..... concocted my own RA pots for the trampalo.

Still not finished, but progress has been made. I'm waiting now for the arrival of several key components, and yesterday attached the grillecloth.
That I-beam cloth is visually very appealing, but a mongrel to install. It's radio cloth, and nowhere near as robust as guitar-amp grillecloth. http://www.grillecloth.com/ Quite "stretchy" too, so it's very easy to pull out of alignment. It's a little wavey as you can see, but not that bad that it needs further attention. Besides, as long as a mistake doesn't stand-out like the proverbial dog's whatsits, I think it's inclined to add something to the bespoke nature of the job.

Atop, the 6G15 GoBoingy. No further-finished than the last time I posted it, apart from the grillecloth application.

IMG_2089.jpg

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
Looking very fine coastie! Did you have to change those nice circuit boards you made earlier in the thread?

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
:D I'm not sure I've got anything deluxe forthcoming.

I'm sure you could use it for something... attach it to a hat just to make people wonder...hmmmmm, that's all I can think of.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Looking great coastie! Orange-creamy goodness. Can't wait to see the final result. Those fine looking point-to-points are a great start. :D