New to me, but OLD parlor

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
The latest addition...

Lyon and Healy parlor. Hard to date these, but mid 30's is a good guess. Needs a bunch of work. But even with all the issues, a very cool sounding and playing guitar. Eventually I'll replace the nut. Have a proper bridge and saddle installed and remove the trapeze. Also fill in some holes.

a solo pic.

LyonandHealy.jpg

and alongside my D-35.

LHandGuild2.jpg

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
:D THAT IS A BEAUTY...and the REAL DEAL!!!!
I have a Washburn Parlour 2008 reissue, "aged" ( quite nicely, no need to worry about scratches or bumps..) heaps of inlay, antiqued coffin case , 125th aniversary mojo, period catalog, and all that cool stuff. A reall sweet little guitar, my daughter has her eye on that one..and very appropriate for her someday.....but even to me, a very nice little instrument to curl up with and enjoy. But Man, YOU got the real deal!!! 8) too cool! Enjoy!!

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
southernGuild said:
:D THAT IS A BEAUTY...and the REAL DEAL!!!!
I have a Washburn Parlour 2008 reissue

I know those reissue's well. Very sweet, cool guitars. I'm looking forward to getting this one up to snuff. Fortunately the neck is spot on. No need for a reset. The rest is relatively minor.

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
AlohaJoe said:
Beautiful instrument... is that the original tailpiece?

Definately not. Under the bridge you can see the original pin sholes. The current bridge/saddle is not even stuck on. Is held in place by string tension.

kitniyatran

Reaction score
If you notice in my sig, I've a Washburn mandolin; it's an early 1900's Lyon & Healy make. I got it off eekBuy for about $70 shipped, & it's playable, aside from 2 frets(10 & 11?) on the first string. It did need a tiny bit of adjustment to the 4th string bridge slot, to keep the string from popping out, but no biggie. Glad to have it; an old parlor like yours would be nice, too.

MojoTooth

Reaction score
Makes me miss my Republic RP-1 parlor guitar. It was the nicest of the new parlors I had ever played. I sold it a while back to fund a Strat and now wish I had it back. Anyone looking for a nice parlor, made in USA, perfectly sized and great tone, check out Republic Guitars.

1002384.jpg

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Mojo,
Sweet looking parlor. Great vintage vibe to it.