From the stage...

TonyT

Reaction score
Me :D

My Old Crow Medicine Show ensemble picked our set for our Monday "graduation" performance. Gonna be in a little bar next door to the school. Picked four songs... Pour it on, Doc, Down South Blues, Big Time in the Jungle, and We're All in this Together. We have 3 guitars, 2 banjos, and a fiddle. So our leader says he wants me to sing the verses on All in this Together, and the rest of them will join in on the choruses. I say ok, then he says he wants me to be the only one playing on the first verse, then everybody plays from the 1st chorus on out. Maybe I can get some vid.

I'd post more, but I gotta go rehearse.

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
I'll be thinking of you - spotlight night at Folk at the Oak tonight so I'll be making a fool of myself as usual :roll:

And for the record it was 2 sets of 2 - and even I was relatively happy with what I did :D

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Good for you, TT, have a blast! And congrats on graduating!

TonyT

Reaction score
Well, all in all I wasn't terrible. I think there's gonna be some vids. I'll see if I can get 'em on here for hilarity's sake.

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
TonyT said:
Well, all in all I wasn't terrible. I think there's gonna be some vids. I'll see if I can get 'em on here for hilarity's sake.

If you feel it wasn't terrible then from the audience's point of view it was probably good and enjoyable - looking forward to the vids :D

kitniyatran

Reaction score
JerryR said:
TonyT said:

If you feel it wasn't terrible then from the audience's point of view it was probably good and enjoyable - looking forward to the vids :D
yup

TonyT

Reaction score
Well kids, here you go. Worst quality video in history, but it's what they ended up with. BEWARE- my Malwarebytes picks up a cootie everytime I go there but seems to succesfully dispatch it. MY Firefox won't cut and paste so keep in mind that this is not a link per se.

Have fun if you dare. I'm the flunky squawking to the right of the harp player.

www.vimeo.com/12780550

TonyT

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. As far as Guild content, my guitar had to sit in the trunk of my car that day for about 10 hours and it was very hot and humid. No way I'd put any of my Guilds through that. I keep an old Takamine around for just this type of scenario and that's what I was using that night. Did the job ok, once I got it tuned up.