From AcousticGuitar.com:

devellis

Reaction score
I think the floating fingerboard extension makes sense on that particular style guitar with the offset sound hole. Both the sound hole location and the raised fingerboard bring the upper part of the soundboard into play as an active acoustical surface. Same with an archtop that has f-holes. On most guitars with an oval hole, popsicle brace, and all the other things going on in the area of the upper bout, that region of the sound board undoubtedly plays a more secondary role. I wonder how the MacPherson's bracing accommodates the potentially more active upper bout area of the top.

spiderman

Reaction score
Never heard of a twelve stringer by them, but obviously a new venture. McPherson makes awesome guitars. A local dealer carries them and they are excellently crafted. They like to use redwood tops which give them an interesting sound. Have played about a half dozen. My daughter says they sound "far away" probably because of the sound hole placement when you are in the audience. . Supposedly excellent for studio work. Currently the cheapest :?: :?: :?: ones run about 5K. Saw one once on line somewhere at 3.5K used. Try one if you get a chance, you may be pleasantly surprised. On the other hand, at those prices they better be good.

Harmony H-173 bought in 1960 (retired), Alvarez AC60S 2008, Eastman AC320ce 2008 "Hybrid", Guild GAD-JF30E(blonde) 2008, Guild JF55 1997, Guild D25M 1974, Martin Grand J35E 2009