Played a gig with the Nightbird thru the Thunder 1 RVT

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
We have an 8 piece band that we whittle down to a trio for small gigs. I happened to be sick last night, hence the sitting position, but the Guilds performed just fine. The guy doing the video didn't understand how important guild gear shots are.
The guy playing the bass is a virtuoso violinist, hopefully I'll get some video of his violin playing.
That's my sister doing a fine job out front. Thanks for watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFHjMx1d_k4

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thanks Zac; enjoyed it! Not sure sitting down takes away too much cool ... lots of biggies played that way including ...

guild-1967LesSpannS.jpg

Also dug Take Me To The River ... the tall brunette doing a pretty good David Byrne :wink:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
zulu said:
Les Spann-Warm! weird ad headline... I wonder if he was running a fever, too?
Dunno ... I'm waiting to get my digital Ouija Board back from the shop; I'll send it out to you ... you can try reaching Les or Al Dronge himself with it.

Spann was also a well-regarded jazz flautist. In the pic, you can just make out his flaut laying on top of the Thunderbird at the left corner ... so ... maybe he's using the amp to warm up his flaut? :wink:

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Why be hot when you can be warm, baby. Dig it.

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
When in doubt, warm your flaut.

Hey John, I always figured you for an all-tube ouija (6V6, of course).

BTW, who's in your new sig pic?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
zulu said:
... BTW, who's in your new sig pic?
Hi Zac; I posted this pic here a couple of years ago ... full pic below ... it's a school-boy band from the early 1960s (name blacked out to protect the innocent :wink: ). They had a demo record made which the saxophone player .. later a VN war-era pilot like our 6L6 ... had reproduced on CD ... I have a copy - the pic is from the CD's cover.

invictas03.jpg

My tone standard is what my imagination tells me this band might have sounded like; mildly grungy and decidedly low-fi 8)

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Effin: he said he'd been a Navy fighter pilot. J

fab467

Reaction score
capnjuan said:
zulu said:
... BTW, who's in your new sig pic?
Hi Zac; I posted this pic here a couple of years ago ... full pic below ... it's a school-boy band from the early 1960s (name blacked out to protect the innocent :wink: ). They had a demo record made which the saxophone player .. later a VN war-era pilot like our 6L6 ... had reproduced on CD ... I have a copy - the pic is from the CD's cover.
invictas03.jpg

My tone standard is what my imagination tells me this band might have sounded like; mildly grungy and decidedly low-fi 8)
Great avatar capn. Love the sunglasses... 8)

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
fab467 said:
... Great avatar capn. Love the sunglasses... 8)
Thanks ... and thanks for the link ... they're like umbrellas, the more you spend on them, the faster you lose them.

With the shades on, these guys probably couldn't see much of anything. Was looking for this earlier today but couldn't get past a brain cramp ... :wink: