NGM (New Guitar Month)...couldn't stop at just one! :-)

Hammer

Reaction score
I wanted to take pics outside, but it's over 100 degrees here, so eff that noise. That would also be why the bed is a mess, but, oh well.

First up is my Father's Day present, an 01 Epi Lester. Chinese made, in the Gibby run Epi China plant. You know how the Chinese Epis go...sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss...this one is a hit...big time. And for only 2 bills, gear snobs can bite me. :p

Next up is an 01 Fender American Standard Tele. I've been gassing for a Tele for some time, so when this one showed up on CL for under $600...yea...that's all she wrote. I have a 5-ply black pearl guard on the way, which should snazz it up a whole helluva lot. It has some scars, but I diggit. ~twaaaaang~

Last of the non Guild acquisitions this month...an 08 Gibby SG Classic. Killer deal on this one...$550. Pristine shape and the P90s kick serious arse.

Guild content next week! Hopefully... :mrgreen:

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
N i c e.... but be careful....this could be habit forming.... :lol: :lol: Steffan

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hammer, you're a man after my own heart. 8)

I can't stop either. :shock:

Hammer

Reaction score
taabru45 said:
N i c e.... but be careful....this could be habit forming.... :lol: :lol: Steffan

I think at 20.5 guitars with one on the way, that ship has sailed! :lol:

Thunderface

Reaction score
One, nice score on that '01 Epi Lester for $200. That's a lot of guitar for $200, no matter where it was made.

Two, major stealage on that American Standard Tele for under $600. You can't even get an MIM Tele for that. Nicely done.

Three, the '08 SG Classic with the P90s was a another nice pickup

And four ... your incoming 1st reish S-100 is the cream of the score crop. Nice bit o' buying, my friend. You make us all green (like your other 1st reissue) with envy.

Hammer

Reaction score
After that reish arrives, I think I'm...done. :shock: I have pretty much everything I want. I've got shred covered with the Charvel 3A, the BC Rich Mock and 'lock, 7 strings covered with the D SevenStar, Strats and Teles covered with Am Standards both, gloom & doom with the Iommified SG, Live at Leeds is covered with the P90 goodness of the SG Classic, the south is covered with the two Firebirds, there's a decent 6 and 12 string acoustic, an LP, the 'I don't care if they get banged up' section covered with a cheap beater V and the D S-73 for lugging around to other rooms of the house, plenty of S-100s...I think the only thing I am really missing is a semi hollow and, well, they just don't float my boat. I would like a nice classical and an electric bass at some point, and I'm not saying I wouldn't drop coin if FB000001 showed it's headstock, but, aside from that...pfft. This is an odd feeling...I'm gear content. It feels like I popped some gear pepto and the gas went away. A very weird sensation indeed. :?

Thunderface

Reaction score
Hammer said:
After that reish arrives, I think I'm...done. :shock:

I've said that before, many times after many different guitars. And I mean it every time, until I see another guitar I just can't live without.

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Nice score(s).

I'm real curious about that SG Classic. A guy has one locally. It was a tossup this week as to whether I should go check out the '74 S-100, or his SG Classic. The Guild won, but of course I'm still curious. How does the SG classic stack up to the S-100 as a player, and in feel?

Thanks.
MD

Hammer

Reaction score
mad dog said:
Nice score(s).

I'm real curious about that SG Classic. A guy has one locally. It was a tossup this week as to whether I should go check out the '74 S-100, or his SG Classic. The Guild won, but of course I'm still curious. How does the SG classic stack up to the S-100 as a player, and in feel?

Thanks.
MD

Definitely check it out. As far as feel, the neck is chunkier than the S-100s...almost exactly the same as my SG Standard's neck and if it isn't, I'd be surprised. As far as sound, there really isn't any real fair way to compare, but I will say nobody does P90s like Gibby and this is the best P90 guitar I have ever heard...right up there with the 65 SG Special I used to have...and miss...and still feel stupid for selling. :(

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just reading in the latest Vintage Guitar Mag that Steve Miller at one time had over 450 guitars! :shock:

He's been thinning the herd and now he's down to a "comfortable" 200 or so!

Hammer

Reaction score
Ok, so I couldn't resist...I'm going to add another (non-Guild) horse to the stable tomorrow. :lol: