Steppenwolf Guild?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice. M-85 II with Hagstroms.

Not sure I can relate "Jim", "Steve", "Gary" and "Ron" to any Steppenwolf line up that I can find documented, though.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
fronobulax said:
Nice. M-85 II with Hagstroms.
Not sure I can relate "Jim", "Steve", "Gary" and "Ron" to any Steppenwolf line up that I can find documented, though.
Agree. I was a BIG Steppenwolf fan. Bet that's a "tribute" band calling themselves "Steppenwolf '68". Or just a plainscrew-up.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
adorshki said:
... I was a BIG Steppenwolf fan....
Hi Al: how do you feel about a Leslie Cabinet? No; not Nielson, Howard, or Caron ... :wink:
Names on pic don't line up whiff de Wikis :?
"Hodge, Podge, Strained Through a Leslie" (Steppenwolf the Second, just in case you're not as big a fan as I was)...took me years before the meaning of that song title finally dawned on me! :lol:
That album by the way is still one of my favorite test vinyls for presence and separation. Absolutely magnificent production. :D
Hmmmm..can find a "Steve" and a "Ron" in that exhaustive Wiki bio, but still no "Jim" or "Gary"....in any case I lost interest after "Monster".

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
adorshki said:
capnjuan said:
adorshki said:
Hi Al: how do you feel about a Leslie Cabinet? No; not Nielson, Howard, or Caron ... :wink: Names on pic don't line up whiff de Wikis :?
"Hodge, Podge, Strained Through a Leslie" (Steppenwolf the Second, just in case you're not as big a fan as I was)...took me years before the meaning of that song title finally dawned on me! :lol: That album by the way is still one of my favorite test vinyls for presence and separation. Absolutely magnificent production. :D
Well; I probably wasn't as big a fan as you but I liked them plenty good anyway; like a lot of bands ... tough time managing ... eh ... artistic temperaments.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Well; I probably wasn't as big a fan as you but I liked them plenty good anyway; like a lot of bands ... tough time managing ... eh ... artistic temperaments.
And John Kay might still have somethng interesting to say if he'd just quit mumbling around that wad of chewing gum in.... his mouth.... and....uh....stay....uh....fo....cussssed... :roll:

kitniyatran

Reaction score
adorshki said:
capnjuan said:
adorshki said:
Hi Al: how do you feel about a Leslie Cabinet? No; not Nielson, Howard, or Caron ... :wink:
Names on pic don't line up whiff de Wikis :?
"Hodge, Podge, Strained Through a Leslie" (Steppenwolf the Second, just in case you're not as big a fan as I was)...took me years before the meaning of that song title finally dawned on me! :lol:
That album by the way is still one of my favorite test vinyls for presence and separation. Absolutely magnificent production. :D
Hmmmm..can find a "Steve" and a "Ron" in that exhaustive Wiki bio, but still no "Jim" or "Gary"....in any case I lost interest after "Monster".
"Hodge, Podge, Strained Through a Leslie" was one of my Favorite Steppenwolf recordings of all time.
I, also, can't relate to the pictured lineup re: Steppenwolf, though they look loud.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Leslie Nielson

Leslie West

Leslie.jpg

460px-Leslie_Speaker.jpg