Me again. Oddly enough.

TonyT

Reaction score
A performing arts high school here is having a benefit for their scholarship fund and I've been asked if I'd do a 10 minute set. Apparently being able to play 3 chords in front of people and not wet your pants gets work here. Ok, free work but work nevertheless.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
TonyT said:
... being able to play 3 chords in front of people and not wet your pants...

This separates you from about 99% of the population, Tony. It's a gift.

I can play the chords, but otherwise...

Dave :D

TonyT

Reaction score
After doing this just a few times, I'm convinced that 98% of it is just being willing to get up there. :)

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Can you tell? We're proud of you Tony....by the way if those three chords are in the key of G, you are pretty safe distance from having to do an F, but I guess you have that figured out already, or...maybe F is now your favorite chord..........................................but I doubt it. :lol: :lol: Steffan

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
dapmdave said:
TonyT said:
... being able to play 3 chords in front of people and not wet your pants...

This separates you from about 99% of the population, Tony. It's a gift.

I can play the chords, but otherwise...

Dave :D

Very well said. You know, as amateur performers and audiophiles, we listen to much of the music of the very best in the world, then draw a comparison between our meager skills and theirs. It's easy to forget that not everyone can do what we do.....regardless of how meager our skills may be.

Good show TonyT.

West

kyguild

Reaction score
Good for you Tony. You are doing what 99.9% of the population don't have the ability or courage to do!! :D

ky

MojoTooth

Reaction score
TonyT said:
After doing this just a few times, I'm convinced that 98% of it is just being willing to get up there. :)
I agree with you here...because I have played guitar with a few of the guys I consider to be great guitar players at my local blues jam and afterwards each of them told me that they had no doubt I could easily handle the rhythm and some basic slow solos up there, but I just can't bring myself to make the leap yet...

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
Truer words were never spoken. Great job Tony. I don't seek out any gigs but I'd do a benefit. 3 chords? I tell kids that learning to play just G,C, and D will open a door to wonderful songs.

Peace

learnintoplay62

Reaction score
Way to go Tony. Just by you being there and showing these young minds you can inspire them. Of course it's all about fun. It will leave a lasting impression; where as my 5th grade drumming teacher was a jerk and I quit. I still remember him humiliating me and saying to myself I can't go back to that class after . Whew , I feel better now.
Talk about holding a grudge!! that was 30 odd years ago :?
Did I just veer :wink:

guitarslinger

Reaction score
I wet my pants and forgot the chords. This inspires my kids to take over my finances which doesn't inspire my kids.

bruzmuse

Reaction score
On the Verde Valley Wine Trail near Sedona, Arizon
Tony, it's the simple things in life that hold the most magic. 3 chord songs can be one of them. You just getting up there and doing it is one of them.

It's so darn easy to forget that we don't have to be a "star" in everyone's mind at all to find that magic. We don't have to be a great player to find that magic.

We just have to be in harmony with that simple moment wherever and whenever a moment like that finds us.

You made a great memory for yourself when you found the courage, lived in the moment and forgot about everything else for that moment.

Thanks for sharing.

Bru