Any Hamer USA Fans here?

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total

Thunderface

Reaction score
I've got a '93 Hamer Special which my P90 equipped solidbody, and it is great. The craftsmanship of those Hamers are outstanding, although mine was made when Hamer was still in Arlington Heights, Ill.

P-E-Z

Reaction score
They continued to improve after the move all key people came with them.
Better now than ever.

Frank Untermyer and Jol Danzig came with the move.

jmac

Reaction score
The only time I've ever seen a Hamer is in some on-stage photos of The Pretenders back in 1981. James Honeyman-Scott was using a Hamer among other guitars. I was a big fan so I looked around for a Hamer but no guitar shop had one. So I bought a Rickenbacker 481 (slanted frets) instead.

Its very cool that you have one. Its a nice looking guitar.

P-E-Z

Reaction score
Chazmo said:
Pez, not sure if you are aware of this, but Jol left recently.

He left in January.
I knew. Its a lose but everyone else is still there.

P-E-Z

Reaction score
jmac said:
The only time I've ever seen a Hamer is in some on-stage photos of The Pretenders back in 1981. James Honeyman-Scott was using a Hamer among other guitars. I was a big fan so I looked around for a Hamer but no guitar shop had one. So I bought a Rickenbacker 481 (slanted frets) instead.

Its very cool that you have one. Its a nice looking guitar.

I had never seen one in person prior to an OFC tour in 2006.
The only make a few hundred a year.
I wish I had seen Hamer before ordering ordering from Fenders Custom Shop back in 1993.
Set in neck Strat one of.
Huge difference to detail.

brianeharmonjr

Reaction score
Another big Hamer USA fan here. Below is a picture of my fantastic Newport Pro and my former Anniversary Mahogany Studio (forced to sell due to financial reasons). They're incredible guitars and fantastic buys on the used market, much like Guilds.

DSC04174.jpg

skinny

Reaction score
Thunderface said:
I've got a '93 Hamer Special which my P90 equipped solidbody, and it is great. The craftsmanship of those Hamers are outstanding, although mine was made when Hamer was still in Arlington Heights, Ill.

I just saw this post and it reminded me a buddy of mine worked at Hamer back in '83,'84.(Grew up near Arlington Hts, Ill.)
He put the purdy shine on the finishes. He worked the buffer.
He hated that job and oddly enough, he was a good amateur luthier at that time. He brought them one of his guitars with his resume and they gave him the buffing job. We used to tease him that he'd have to buff a few dolphins to move up to building the guitars :lol:
On the plus side he did get to meet Rick Nielson and Billy Gibbons 8)

skinny