Why didn't I just go straight home?!!!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yesterday as I was coming home from work, I'm thinking "why don't I stop by the local G.C. just to see if a lost soul didn't drop a Guild on a trade or something?".
No Guild.
But I was there, so had to look around right? No? Well, too late. I did. And the problem started when my hands went uncontrollably up in the air to grab what I thought was a 000-28 Martin.
I started picking that baby, and then picking my lower jaw back up from the floor!!!
Remember my departed 000-28, sold at time when I didn't want to, but had to? Well that guitar sounded 3 times better! So the big enigma now, was finding out why it was priced so low? ($1499). Come to find out it is not a 000-28 but 000-MMV, which I had never even heard of, but after a quick run down internet lane, appears to be a line of 2 models (A dread and that 000 body style) made exclusively for G.C. / Musican Friends. I seriously cannot say what the difference is with the 28 I once owned, except again that.... it sounds better! and is half the price. The bass and the brilliance of it stayed with me all night long. Same nitro gloss finish over a georgous EIR body and spruce top, the wonderful Martin neck with ebony board etc etc......
Now let me go back to my bank account and some basic maths, because on top of that, today is the last day for their Labor Day sale: another 15% off....
Anyone seeing a triple 0 coming back to Bluesy's home? :shock:
Wheels turning turning turning turning turning......

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
bluesypicky said:
Anyone seeing a triple 0 coming back to Bluesy's home?
I'm a little surprised it's not already there! :lol: Joe
You know how it works Joe: I have to jump through all the hoops first, making the attempt to transform the totally unnecessary aspect of that expense into a vital necessity..... :?
It's just that... I remember how I felt when I played it, and that is almost unbearable. :evil:

Qvart

Reaction score
bluesypicky said:
I have to jump through all the hoops first, making the attempt to transform the totally unnecessary aspect of that expense into a vital necessity..... :?

Or you could buy an M-80. :twisted:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Qvart said:
bluesypicky said:
I have to jump through all the hoops first, making the attempt to transform the totally unnecessary aspect of that expense into a vital necessity..... :?

Or you could buy an M-80. :twisted:

Ah ah!!!! I would like that too, but it really seems the Martin pushed the idea of getting another electric back a notch.... I'm running out of bibs just thinking about it!
Joe? any more in stock?..... :lol:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
bluesypicky said:
Yesterday as I was coming home from work, I'm thinking "why don't I stop by the local G.C. just to see if a lost soul didn't drop a Guild on a trade or something?".
No Guild.
But I was there, so had to look around right? No? Well, too late. I did. And the problem started when my hands went uncontrollably up in the air to grab what I thought was a 000-28 Martin.
I started picking that baby, and then picking my lower jaw back up from the floor!!!
Remember my departed 000-28, sold at time when I didn't want to, but had to? Well that guitar sounded 3 times better! So the big enigma now, was finding out why it was priced so low? ($1499). Come to find out it is not a 000-28 but 000-MMV, which I had never even heard of, but after a quick run down internet lane, appears to be a line of 2 models (A dread and that 000 body style) made exclusively for G.C. / Musican Friends. I seriously cannot say what the difference is with the 28 I once owned, except again that.... it sounds better! and is half the price. The bass and the brilliance of it stayed with me all night long. Same nitro gloss finish over a georgous EIR body and spruce top, the wonderful Martin neck with ebony board etc etc......
Now let me go back to my bank account and some basic maths, because on top of that, today is the last day for their Labor Day sale: another 15% off....
Anyone seeing a triple 0 coming back to Bluesy's home? :shock:
Wheels turning turning turning turning turning......

I've never seen one of them at my local GC, but they have a 000-28 Eric Clapton that sure is sweet for twice the price. :shock:

I was looking at the "conditions" for that 15% off coupon, and of course it excludes Martins. In my experience there's so many exclusions from the GC coupons that they're basically useless. :(

kitniyatran

Reaction score
When I was shopping leading up to getting my D25, GC had one of the dread version(D-MMV?) of this very miracle at (I think) $1100, and it blew away 'most everything in the store & most of all other candidates until I found the Guild at about half the price. I posted before that it was way better than it should have been. Makes one wonder why most of Martin's decent stuff is so expensive, if they can pull this off at this kind of price.

Ian

Reaction score
Hey Bluesy,

What happened to the F50R GAS ? Couldnt find one under a grand huh ? (Dont worry I cant either and I'm just looking for the maple version.....)

Cheers, Ian

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
A good Martin sure can be sweet and tempting. My Hummingbird was one of those less expensive GC specials, and also seems better than the standard Gibson Hummingbirds that I've played. Makes you wonder...

Go and get it. You know it'll be gone if you wait too long.

Dave :D

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
guitardude said:
Hey Bluesy,
What happened to the F50R GAS ? Couldnt find one under a grand huh ? (Dont worry I cant either and I'm just looking for the maple version.....)
Cheers, Ian
Oh, the F50 gas is still here (check my FS/FT thread....) as well as the 000 gas that started biting me again as explained on this thread....
Yeah, tough to find one under one k.. might have to make an effort here!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
dapmdave said:
A good Martin sure can be sweet and tempting.
go and get it. You know it'll be gone if you wait too long.Dave :D
I did just that today but the guilt feeling got the best of me, so I decided I had to sell at least one before buying another one. I took a couple guitars with me to talk trade at GC, but their offers (as I suspected would be) were nothing but insulting, so it actually made it a little easier for me to walk away.
I gotta have that guitar though, played it again today, it's unbelievably good!
Patience, patience.

Ridgemont

Reaction score
twocorgis said:
I was looking at the "conditions" for that 15% off coupon, and of course it excludes Martins. In my experience there's so many exclusions from the GC coupons that they're basically useless. :(
Unless you buy a Seagull. :lol: That is what I did. Yes those coupons suck. No Martins or Gibsons, but I do think Taylors are eligible. But you have to want a Taylor. Hehehehe...

Ridgemont

Reaction score
Wow. Gone for a few days and all hell breaks loose. Now I see where all this GAS is going. Hhmmm 000-MMV? Never played one, but I definitely trust your ears. $1500 is not that much for a brand new guitar that sounds that good. You get a lifetime warranty too. It is funny that this one sounds better than the 000-28 and for ~$700 less. Personally I haven't been impressed with Martin's Standard Series guitars that I played (the new ones).

Qvart

Reaction score
bluesypicky said:
I decided I had to sell at least one before buying another one.

So what are you going to sell before you buy the M-80? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking the same strategy for myself, but it seems I put the cart before the horse. Bad me! Bad me! :lol:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Qvart said:
I was thinking the same strategy for myself, but it seems I put the cart before the horse. Bad me! Bad me! :lol:

Same here Q, and guilty as charged :twisted:

It truly is a buyer's market for mid to high end guitars right now, and how I got a bunch for less than market value, or at least what you would think was market value. The problem is that you can't seem to sell them for what you would think is a fair price. Rather than sell my D40 for less than my reduced price I'll just keep it if it comes to that. Things have got to get better sooner or later...