D-25 SB

Reaction score
I have a Guild D-25 SB. I bought it new about thirty years ago but never played it much. What does the SB stand for?

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Welcome,

Is your D25 a Sunburst? If so SB likely refers to Sunburst finish.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
brobro said:
I have a Guild D-25 SB. I bought it new about thirty years ago but never played it much. What does the SB stand for?
Welcome. Hopefully you will start playing it again and share your rekindled love for the instrument with us by posting.

Reaction score
Jeff and others, thanks for your replies
Regarding the Sunburst, I don't think so, or if it is it's from a cloudy day. The body is a leather brown, nothing distictive about it. I bought the guitar because a guy I sailed with had one but I migrated into classical guitar. I like the broad fingerboard. The Guild has been in the closet for almost a quarter century. At the time I bought it I was traveling a lot and even though I had the Guild hardshell case the airlines managed to damage it just a bit. If I remember correctly I paid about $600 back then. I guess I could contact the company to ask. Thanks anyway.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Brobro
You contacted the right "company". I don't think you will find a place on earth with more in depth knowledge on Guilds of that era than here, particularly that of one LTG member by the name of Hans Moust, author of the "Guild guitar book". I'm sure you will get to the bottom of this if you hang around long enough.
And welcome BTW!