Help identifying the year for a b-302

Reaction score
Hey folks, thanks for your time -
Just bought a b302 - serial number ends just a few digits past BB100846, which is listed as the last number made in 81. I can't find any matching number ranges anywhere.
Anyone have any thoughts on where to look for this info?
Much thanks

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome.

The place to look for this information is in the archives of Hans Moust. He will probably check in soon but he is traveling or getting ready to do so.

He will probably tell you that relating Guild serial numbers to the date when something left the factory is an inexact science, at best, and that most of the published serial number lists have several mistakes.

My guess is that he will tell you '81 or '82 depending upon whether he has a better listing of serial numbers or whether he believes it "slipped under the radar".

Of course, *nudge, nudge, wink, wink* posting pictures might be useful as well.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
dmptrcks said:
Just bought a b302 - serial number ends just a few digits past BB100846, which is listed as the last number made in 81. I can't find any matching number ranges anywhere.

Hello dmptrcks,

On the 'official' Guild serial number lists the highest serial number for a B-301/302 is indeed # BB100846 at the end of 1980. If your serial number is only a few digits past # BB100846, it is safe to assume that the instrument is from 1981.

Bobby B said:
The listing on Guild's site says it's the last B301/2 guitar made.
Are there any known B300's with a higher S/N?

Hello Bobby B,

The serial numbers in my database go well into the # (BB100)900s and the model was still listed in the Sept. 1981 price list, so it looks like the model was still in production during 1981.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl