PARTS ARE PARTS RIGHT? NOT!

frettedstrings

Reaction score
Looking For The Strip Tuners that would have been original equipment on my 1967 Guild F212. My guitar has Grover Tuners installed, but they were poorly installed. Where would I find parts such as these?

OriginalTunersona1967GuildF212.jpg

frettedstrings

Reaction score
If I am measuring the tuner posts correctly (on center), I come up with 7/8 of an inch spacing. I've been looking, but no luck in finding a set of open back tuners with that measurement. All ideas are welcome !

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
in the other thread said:
My 1967 Guild F 212 has Grover Tuning Machines. I know that these are not the original tuning machines ... 'd like to find a set of tuners that would most likely match the original set that would have come on the guitar back in '67. Any ideas were I might find something like this?
Hi FS; nothing in the aftermarket is a close match. That guitar was originally equipped with one of two types of strip tuners ... this is an LTG thread discussing strip tuners on '65-'67 F212s. Our member dapmdave has a set of '66 tuners ... you might try contacting him. Sweet guitar 8)

frettedstrings

Reaction score
Thanks Capnjuan,

I spoke with Brad Little a few days ago. He has a set from is '64 F212. He installed Mini Grovers 10 years ago. I pm'd Dapmdave about the tuners from his '66 F 212.

-Tim

frettedstrings

Reaction score
I bought a set of 12 string open back tuner's from LTGer "Dapmdave", that came from his '66 F212. They will be installed on my '67 F212. My '67 F212 has Large Grover Tuners installed, but they are way to large (probably should have been Mini Grovers) and because of the fact that they are two large to have been installated on a 12 string headstock, the installation doesn't look like it went really well. I am happy to have found some tuners that are like the originals and I'll be happy to get the guitar back to original as possible.

100_5147.jpg

100_5752.jpg

Large Grover Machines installed. You can see that some of the tuners are not straight. :(

100_5753.jpg

The Grovers are still in very good condition. I'll have then up for sale soon ! :wink:

OriginalTunersona1967GuildF212.jpg

I am very hopeful that I can achieve a clean installation of the open end tuners and end up with a finished product such as this. :)

I'll keep you all posted !

-Tim (Frettedstrings)

frettedstrings

Reaction score
Fellow LTGers,

I am so excited the way my '67 F212 looks with the original tuners installed. I bought a pair of Tuners from dapmdave that were originally on his '66 F212. They fit great and they look great. Thanks Dave. Here are some pictures for you all to drool over.

100_5752.jpg

Front of Head with Govers still installed.

100_5753.jpg

Back of Head with Govers still installed.

000_0003.jpg

Govers Have Been Removed.

000_0002.jpg

I was devastated, at first, seeing all the marks and damage that was done with the installation of the Govers.

000_0005.jpg

000_0007.jpg

I was very happy to see that all the marks and damage on the back of the head are now hidden with the Original Tuners.

000_0009.jpg

Simply Marvelous !

000_0012.jpg

Vintage once again !

And they lived happily ever after........

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Very Niiice turn out! :mrgreen: Im looking for some Vintage Grovers for my S-100. :mrgreen:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
frettedstrings said:
And they lived happily ever after........[/b][/size]
Even though I prefer closed tuners, that sloppy installation would have p--sed me off too.
Glad the original style strips also hid the cosmetic damage on the back. :D

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Another LTG success story! Good for both of you, and especially Dave for being smart enough to not throw the old tuners out. I sure wish I'd have done that with my '59 :(