Tom Waits, the Heart of Saturday Night (Guild content)

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Great clip. Never seen this one. Hysterical intro. Waits is a treasure.

A few of his tunes are on my set list, inc. this one. Full disclosure, I pretty much ripped off the Shawn Colvin cover.

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Tom Waits, the songwriter of profundity!

We all see it, think it, live it, talk about it...

but Tom Waits is one of an extremely small group of human beings who can not merely set to music, but do so in such a way as to leave nothing left to say.

Thanks for sharing that video, I have never seen it before.

(One of my favorite songs of all time is Tom's lullaby, On The Nickel)

Christopher

Dr. Spivey

Reaction score
Tom also has a Bluesbird or Blues 90. His electric lead playing is highly under rated.

Most people can't get past his voice, but the guy has written a boatload of great songs. The masses are put off by records like Swordfishtrombones or Real Gone, but he's written so many nice ballads and standard type songs, they should release a compilation of them.

Christopher, On The Nickel is one of my favorites too.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Dr. Spivey said:
Tom also has a Bluesbird or Blues 90. His electric lead playing is highly under rated.

Most people can't get past his voice, but the guy has written a boatload of great songs. The masses are put off by records like Swordfishtrombones or Real Gone, but he's written so many nice ballads and standard type songs, they should release a compilation of them.

Christopher, On The Nickel is one of my favorites too.
For some reason I can't explain, I was pretty sure you'd like this clip. I'm just sayin'. :wink:

Joe

tjmangum

Reaction score
Cool! I encountered him one New Years day at a hamburger place in Davis CA named then "Murder Burger". It was crowded as heck with people ordering and getting orders at the counter. Appeared he was coming back from Tahoe with wife and kids, who were waiting in a big SUV with boards on the rack. My words to him were, "Tom, the napkins are over there." He responded, "Thanks." And then my brush with fame ended, as he headed out the door. :D
tj