Peter Rowan

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Those are great clips and Tumbleweed is just plain haunting. I believe that's from Dust Bowl Children, a great CD BTW.
Do you know what kind of guitar he's playing? He certainly gets some great sound out of it.
Of course, it's often a matter of who's playing the guitar that makes it sound so good. :wink:

Cheers,
Joe

Donal

Reaction score
Tumbleweed is on "Dust bowl Children". Peter Rowan is one of those who have prolly never put out a bad album, in my opinion anyway. Don't know what guitar he's playing in the vid, but I think that's what got me started on my recent quest for a small bodied guitar. Wound up with a Larrivee parlor :D

Don.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Don,

I have a somewhat-publicized, small-bodied Guild. The F-112-6.
I had an Epiphone Masterbilt EF, which has a nice small-body and a good sound, but not like this one.
It's my new favorite go-to, around-the-house-and-here-and-there guitar. :wink:

Joe

Donal

Reaction score
Joe,
Ha! I was Googling F-112 and looking for a sixer and coming up with twelve strings. Then it hit me. I think I read where you were using it as a six string! So many guitars- so little money :(

Don.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Donal said:
Joe,
Ha! I was Googling F-112 and looking for a sixer and coming up with twelve strings. Then it hit me. I think I read where you were using it as a six string! So many guitars- so little money :(
Don.
Not just "using it as a six string," I turned it into a six string.
Reworked the head and added new Grover tuners, new bone nut.

f112nt6onthecouch0001.jpg

I like the end result, and it's still a Guild, no matter the butchery! :wink:

Joe

crank

Reaction score
Thanks,

I started with the Rowan then migrate to Rowan and Tony Rice and picked up a new (to me) bluegrass riff from Mr. Rice.

Like Rowan. Love Rice.