unusual bidding

poser

Reaction score

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
The link you posted is for a '72 Guild D-25, definitely an unusual 12 string, it only has six :wink:
Brad

frettedstrings

Reaction score
Interesting looking guitar. I wonder what the final bid will be, since it is currently at $26 with one day left to bid. Seller says that the neck is made of OAK. :? I wonder how old it is. I like the open back tuners.

poser

Reaction score
Ahh, you found it in spite of my errors.

It is an interesting guitar. The bidding seemed a little odd to me in that it was all by private bidders and all small increments, and the fact that the seller has no feedback rating.

frettedstrings

Reaction score
poser,

What species of wood do you think this guitar is made of? I see that the seller says that the Neck is made of OAK. :? It could very well be an interesting sounding guitar.

poser

Reaction score
I'm guessing the guy doesn't know a lot about guitars. - just guessing by looking at the monicker of "premiersportsincinnj", and the fact that the photos don't show much.

It's possible that he saw the wide grain of mahogany and thought that he was seeing the wide grain of oak.

silverfox103

Reaction score
Something doesn't "ring clear" with that listing. Zero feedback, yet he is very specific on payment methods. I googled Premier Sports Inc Newfield New Jersey and came up with a zero.

He is throwing in 13 guitar pictures as a bonus? What's that all about? My guess: he's not in the US.

Tom C.

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Eko made guitars for other labels, long ago, kind of reminds me of their pickguard. Steffan

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Yes; because it's very collectible. Compare to Scott Baio at $38.99 ... and he's not even a saint. In fact, a lot of people aren't really sure who he is.

frettedstrings

Reaction score
Seller says........"I AM ALSO THROWING IN (13) NEW GUITAR PICS AS A BONUS". :shock:

PLEASE! SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY! (But the beginning bid was .99 !!!) :lol:

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
frettedstrings said:
Seller says........"I AM ALSO THROWING IN (13) NEW GUITAR PICS AS A BONUS". :shock:

PLEASE! SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY! (But the beginning bid was .99 !!!) :lol:

Do you think he means picks..? :roll: Steffan

poser

Reaction score
Hmm. I wonder if it's a different company. This if from a short history of the company:

"Oct. 10, 1995 The factory was officially registered to be licenced to manufacture the receivers of broadcasted waves and video-audio equipments
Nov. 17, 1993 Registered as a general trade firm
Dec. 20, 1992 The company was founded under a technical tie-up with Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., and Daewoo Electronics Co., Ltd., for development and production of headphones, stereo radio cassette, hands free kits and others"

http://www.diasonic.com/english_re/summary.php

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
1. as previously touched on in this thread...the zero feedback does not match the rather fleabay knowledgeable disclaimer text in the listing.
2. the private listing...which means this and future feedback will not be visable.
3. add 1 and 2 and it equals: a seller with a bad feedback and/or fraud history who has opened a new sellers acct under a new name and plans to keep all feedback history unavailable to the public.
4. 1, 2, and 3 equals: stay away from this seller.

As to the guitar itself...if it's a Japanese import, they used many names themselves and for runs for other companies. Some good ones came out of the Matsumoku factory in Japan. Not familiar with this one or sure that the sellers description, as to the wood, or anything else, is accurate. Someone could ask the seller to post a pic of the label...not a pick. :wink: :lol: More likely to be mahogany or even EIR with a hog neck. If it has a truss rod, the neck might be straight...but it's a pig in a poke. Cheap enough, it could be a beach guitar. As to value? Probably not much.

The open tuners? My old '67 F212 had open tuners. The upside: they're adjustable. The downside: carry a small screwdriver with you. :wink: :lol:

As to the bidding pattern...not odd for what it is...a cheap guitar...the pro's are not bidding on it...just average Joe's.

EDIT: Diasonic appears to be one of the brand names used by Kawaii/Teisco

poser

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments about the bidding. I wondered why someone would have a private auction for something that didn't have a very big price. It makes sense that it's someone trying to hide something.

It looks like an interesting guitar, but one that I could easily watch go by.
Besides I have enough trouble with just six strings. Twice as many would probably give me fits. :lol:

frettedstrings

Reaction score
poser,

Don't give up on a 12 String yet......I love my '67 F212 and I bought it for a couple hundred dollars more than you probably would have paid for that Japannese Diasonic.

-frettedstrings

002.jpg