Swan Lake

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Veri cool Toni! It's a shame I can't stand Swans. Nasty they are...

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
twocorgis said:
If I might interject....
Mute Swans are an introduced species and they're as nasty as they come, but Trumpeters and Tundras are cool. You'd like 'em, Sandy. :wink:

3swans.jpg

Trumpeter Swans on the Canadian border

They're both magnificent birds that spend the winter with us every year. :D

Joe

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
killdeer43 said:
twocorgis said:
If I might interject....
Mute Swans are an introduced species and they're as nasty as they come, but Trumpeters and Tundras are cool. You'd like 'em, Sandy. :wink:

3swans.jpg

Trumpeter Swans on the Canadian border

They're both magnificent birds that spend the winter with us every year. :D

Joe

I'd like them just fine as long as they're flying up there Joe! :lol:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The paper ones are easy to get along with, Sandy.

Dave :D

ladytexan

Reaction score
Isn't interesting how one thing can trigger another? I like veering. It keeps things interesting........should I tell you about the black swans and dophin experience I had while I was working in Perth (Australia)? It happened on a Swan River inlet...true story...remind me to share it someday. :lol: 8) :wink:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
ladytexan said:
Isn't interesting how one thing can trigger another? I like veering. It keeps things interesting........should I tell you about the black swans and dophin experience I had while I was working in Perth (Australia)? It happened on a Swan River inlet...true story...remind me to share it someday. :lol: 8) :wink:

Is there anywhere you haven't been Toni?

Man, my life has been so mundane by comparison...

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
ladytexan said:
.should I tell you about the black swans and dophin experience I had while I was working in Perth (Australia)? It happened on a Swan River inlet...true story...remind me to share it someday. :lol: 8) :wink:
OK, I'll bite...go ahead...tell us about it! :D

ladytexan

Reaction score
adorshki said:
ladytexan said:
.should I tell you about the black swans and dophin experience I had while I was working in Perth (Australia)? It happened on a Swan River inlet...true story...remind me to share it someday. :lol: 8) :wink:
I love telling stories! :) Well, I had been working in Perth for about two weeks when I'm at a meeting and in walks George. George, Linda (his wife) and I had worked on another project together a few years earlier. So, to get caught-up and to share a few more stories of where we'd been since last time we'd worked together, they invited me to dinner at the new house they found to rent. So, off I go that Saturday to visit George and Linda (with bottle of wine, in-tow).

The rental house...was...well, let me just say...it was a mansion on an inlet of the Swan River on the outskirts of Perth. We're sitting-out on the patio deck (now, drinking the wine), and I look down and there are two dolphins swimming right near the shoreline. Linda explains the pair come and visit the inlet in the early mornings and late afternoons...and, put on a show. So.....not asking what the 'show' was.....we just enjoyed watching them swim around.

About 15 minutes later, a pair of black swans start swimming across the inlet (swans on Swan River..how fun is THAT? :))....and, the dolphins sorta up-ended them...I mean...scooted them forward....the show had begun. Needless to say, the swans flew away..... George told me this was a regular ritual every evening. I guess the swans kept coming back because they 'liked' it? Who knows...but, it was fun to watch!

Sandy, I have been very blessed and lucky to have worked in quite a few spots around the globe.........Perth was, definitely, one of the better places....LUV the Aussies! :D :wink:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
ladytexan said:
adorshki said:
ladytexan said:
I love telling stories! :) Well, I had been working in Perth for about two weeks when I'm at a meeting and in walks George. George, Linda (his wife) and I had worked on another project together a few years earlier. So, to get caught-up and to share a few more stories of where we'd been since last time we'd worked together, they invited me to dinner at the new house they found to rent. So, off I go that Saturday to visit George and Linda (with bottle of wine, in-tow).

The rental house...was...well, let me just say...it was a mansion on an inlet of the Swan River on the outskirts of Perth. We're sitting-out on the patio deck (now, drinking the wine), and I look down and there are two dolphins swimming right near the shoreline. Linda explains the pair come and visit the inlet in the early mornings and late afternoons...and, put on a show. So.....not asking what the 'show' was.....we just enjoyed watching them swim around.

About 15 minutes later, a pair of black swans start swimming across the inlet (swans on Swan River..how fun is THAT? :))....and, the dolphins sorta up-ended them...I mean...scooted them forward....the show had begun. Needless to say, the swans flew away..... George told me this was a regular ritual every evening. I guess the swans kept coming back because they 'liked' it? Who knows...but, it was fun to watch!

Toni, it sure doesn't sound like most of the swans that I've met! Mrs. Two and me got married at an old friend from High School's establishment aptly named The Swan Club. One of those buggers practically had me singing soprano before we ever walked down the aisle, and yes, it was embarrassing! :oops:

ladytexan

Reaction score
twocorgis said:
Toni, it sure doesn't sound like most of the swans that I've met! Mrs. Two and me got married at an old friend from High School's establishment aptly named The Swan Club. One of those buggers practically had me singing soprano before we ever walked down the aisle, and yes, it was embarrassing! :oops:
I promise, the paper swan in the above photo will not go ballistic, as in ball-is-tic. Promise! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The venue of your wedding is pretty awesome. Beautiful, Sandy!

P.S. This is the first time that I even hinted as something quite so risque ( :oops: ), but on this one, I just couldn't pass it up...the double entendre was just tooooooo, sooooooooo there. 8) :D :wink:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
ladytexan said:
twocorgis said:
I promise, the paper swan in the above photo will not go ballistic, as in ball-is-tic. Promise! :lol: :lol: :lol:

whew-skype-smiley.gif

ladytexan said:

It's a beautiful place, and has been one of the top wedding places on Long Island for many years. I grew up with the guy who owns the place, and when we were planning the wedding Greg kept saying things like "I've got my crews ripping everything out; we're going with the 'desert motif'". When we got married the place was just beautiful of course. I've played many a cheesy catering hall during my wedding band days (when I bought my X175), and I can't stand the chintzy chandeliers and the fuzzy wallpaper. Long Island is full of them. When we played at the Swan Club, I always used to think it's the place I'd like to get married. The Trunz family didn't own the place yet, but it just sort of worked out that way. :)

ladytexan said:
P.S. This is the first time that I even hinted as something quite so risque ( :oops: ), but on this one, I just couldn't pass it up...the double entendre was just tooooooo, sooooooooo there. 8) :D :wink:

No worries Toni; us guys have the CN Tower girl. :shock:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
ladytexan said:
twocorgis said:

We all (mostly) used to enjoy a bit of 'double entendre' but then we started getting 'Monitored' :roll:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
JerryR said:
We all (mostly) used to enjoy a bit of 'double entendre' but then we started getting 'Monitored' :roll:

You, of course, are entitled to your opinion but I am having difficulty recalling "moderation" of double entendres or innuendo unless, of course, the topic was already on shaky ground.

Another "Swan Lake", presenting opportunity for innuendo :wink:

nla.pic-an23492123-v

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
ladytexan said:
but on this one, I just couldn't pass it up...the double entendre was just tooooooo, sooooooooo there. 8) :D :wink:
Yep...you have become "one of us". Don't fight it, after a while you'll forget life was ever any other way.
If animal;s could talk:
1st dolphin: "Look, there's those swans again"
2nd dolphin: "Cool. Let's go goose 'em. You know they love it or they wouldn't keep coming back"
1st swan: "What do you want to do tonight, honey?"
2nd swan; "Let's go moon those d--n dolphins again!"
1st swan: "Ok, but I'm tellin' ya, I'm gettin a little tired of those prostate exams"
:D