Speaking of Martins...

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here is the teaser trailer for a new series set to premiere on Philadelphia TV later this summer. Over 22 minutes, but an awesome tour inside CF Martin's factory. This ought to whet our appetites nicely for our own tour this fall. Scales all the way to 720p for the bandwidth blessed. 8)

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
southernGuild said:
"Non multa sed Multum" = Latin, ="not many but Much".......'Quality, not quantity':D
Sandy, that was excellent. Much enjoyed that with my morning coffee :wink:
I cant wait for LMG!!! :mrgreen:

I thought so too John. Very well done. 8)

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
markus said:
nice video - and there's a Guild at 0:44 … :wink: Markus :D
It's actually two Guilds! I believe the Dread in 0:44 is also a Guild.
But what the heck model is it in 0:43?? Not to speak about the Gibson TRC on a Guild, but what is this headstock inlay?
Ralf

Ridgemont

Reaction score
I have seen it before, but then couldn't find the link when I looked for it later. Great video.

It is nice to see some trade secrets such as scalloped braces by hand and not CNC. :shock: What's that all about!?

kyguild

Reaction score
Very good video. Though my memory is murky, the factory itself seems quite different than when my wife and I toured the factory in the mid 80's. But the level of skill, care, and obvious pride the workers take with every instrument is unchanged.

When we went through the tour, it was a mid-week afternoon on a dreary, damp day. We were milling around with 4-5 others waiting for the tour to begin, and CF Martin IV came by. He asked if we wanted to take a tour of the place, we said yes, and he said, OK, let's go. He took a couple of hours and led us through the whole place. I was impressed, to say the least. It really gave me an appreciation of why their instruments are so expensive, and why they sound so good.

I have to say that watching this video compared to taking the Guild factory tour at LMG2 makes me encouraged. I saw the same care and pride in the folks at Guild that the folks at Martin showed in the video. And like taking the tour of Martin back in the 80's, I came away from the Guild factory tour with the same appreciation of why they sound so good, and why new Guilds are worth every penny they cost.

KY