Tedeschi Trucks Band rocks!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Their new album is probably the best thing that has come out this year, and Mrs. Trucks is quite the singer and player, isn't she?

ladytexan

Reaction score
Is Mrs. Trucks playing a Carlo Greco? :shock: When bling and playing ability come together = magic!

Thanks for the video, walrus!

P.S. Sandy, they're going to be at the Beacon Theatre in New York on September 10th. :wink: 8) :)

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
ladytexan said:
P.S. Sandy, they're going to be at the Beacon Theatre in New York on September 10th. :wink: 8) :)

Yep, and I got my greasy mitts on a pair of tickets during the pre-sale June 23rd. I LOVE the Beacon Theater, and would never miss this one. 8)

ladytexan

Reaction score
twocorgis said:
ladytexan said:

Yep, and I got my greasy mitts on a pair of tickets during the pre-sale June 23rd. I LOVE the Beacon Theater, and would never miss this one. 8)
YEAH! Glad you're going, Sandy!

Dr. Spivey

Reaction score
I got Susan's first album back when it came out, been a fan ever since. It took me a while to warm up to Derek's sound, but I've come to like it, the two of them together are just wonderful. The new album is high on my to buy list.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
ladytexan said:
Is Mrs. Trucks playing a Carlo Greco? :shock: When bling and playing ability come together = magic!

Toni,

I just did a little research, and that's a D'Angelico guitar that Susan plays. I didn't even think they were still in business. They are, and they're making some beautiful guitars at pretty attractive prices too. 8)

ladytexan

Reaction score
twocorgis said:
Toni,

I just did a little research, and that's a D'Angelico guitar that Susan plays. I didn't even think they were still in business. They are, and they're making some beautiful guitars at pretty attractive prices too. 8)
Sandy,

Could there be a D'Angelico in your future? 8) :?: The prices are very attractive......great looking guitars (sucker for MOP). I imagine they sound and play as good as they look. :lol:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
ladytexan said:
twocorgis said:
Toni,

Sandy,

Could there be a D'Angelico in your future? 8) :?: The prices are very attractive......great looking guitars (sucker for MOP). I imagine they sound and play as good as they look. :lol:

Well it turns out that they're made in Korea, but there seem to be a lot of good reviews out there. Still seems to be a lot of bang for the buck, regardless of where they're made. When you consider that somewhat less than 1200 guitars were made during John D'Angelico's life in total, there's a fair amount of value there.

Dr. Spivey

Reaction score
twocorgis said:
ladytexan said:
twocorgis said:
Toni,

Sandy,

Well it turns out that they're made in Korea, but there seem to be a lot of good reviews out there. Still seems to be a lot of bang for the buck, regardless of where they're made. When you consider that somewhat less than 1200 guitars were made during John D'Angelico's life in total, there's a fair amount of value there.

I was looking at their website too, see they have a dealer in Wisconsin. I've never been there but I've heard good things about that shop. Since there's a bunch of good fishing in that area, it may be worth a trip. :wink:

ladytexan

Reaction score
Dr. Spivey said:
I was looking at their website too, see they have a dealer in Wisconsin. I've never been there but I've heard good things about that shop. Since there's a bunch of good fishing in that area, it may be worth a trip. :wink:
Let us know what you find out....especially, if by chance, the shop might have one or two to A/B....as in, on-sight (and, not the Guild model of ordering from a catalog). :) And, Doc, happy fishing! :lol:

coreyman97

Reaction score
Saw them in concert a couple of weeks ago in a small venue. What an awesome evening of music. Derek is a master on his SG and Susan has real soul. Don't miss them if they come to your town.