If you could have one back....

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
In a spinoff from the thread about keeping only one, here's a twist.
Of all the Guilds you might have had and let go for one reason or another, which one would you like to have back.

Here's mine...

d25006.jpg

'79 D25

There's some consolation knowing that it's in a good home, however. :wink:

Joe

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Not a Guild, but my '51 Telecaster ("Nocaster"), S/n 0739. Sold in 1985 as I hadn't played guitar in years and wanted to by a new video-tape camera to film our 3-year old. Camera/recorder is long gone of course. I knew I would regret it the day I made the decision, but got good money for it at the time...

Geo

Reaction score
Biggest regret,,,'79 Les Paul,,, but I want every guitar I ever sold back. Remorseful seller. :(

George

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
Of all the Guilds you might have had and let go for one reason or another, which one would you like to have back.
Joe
Sorry boys, but allow me to reiterate....."of all the GUILDS..."
I have a long list of 'other brands' from over 42 years of guitar acquisition, but let's stick to Guilds, please.

Thank you for your support, :D
Joe

Geo

Reaction score
Sell a Guild? :shock: Don't think so!! :lol:

But I digress. :wink:,,,,,,,,,,,,,, OK, '86 D-25M. :cry: I’m seriously thinking about buying it back. It’s available to me if I decide I want it and I think I probably do. 8)

George

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
John, I'm thinking of my '84 D64, and feeling bad for you - an '84 D66 must be a great guitar!

For me, it was a 1998 SF IV. One of the reasons I love the ES-135 I have is it's similarity to a SF. Someday...

walrus

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
1976 D-40, sold off in 1990. sniff...

runner-up... 1987 D-30.

Dave :D

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Let me correct then...Guild Thunder 1 Reverb I acquired in the late 60's as almost a basket case, didn't have the tech knowledge of what to do with it, used it for a speaker cab for a while, then it vanished somehow :(

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Kind of a tossup. The '75 Starfire VI was a most wonderful guitar. It didn't match well with my main amp. A dumb reason for parting with that guitar, especially as I have a couple other amps now and a better sense of how to use them.

The 2000 X-500 is the other one. A bit of a long story. Bottom line is, it's in the hands of a good friend and I'm happy he has it. But unhappy that I didn't give myself more time to get used to it. Takes awhile to get comfortable with a larger hollow-body. And sometimes new pickups. I could have learned that lesson with the X-500 but acted too quickly.
MD

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I can't say it was a mistake to sell it, but I wish I still had "Cap", the '67 F-50R archback that I bought from its original owner (capquest). That was a very special guitar, but I am comforted knowing that it's in the hands of someone who truly appreciates it.

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Tough choice: DV52 (now in LTGer RussD's good hands) or the pretty little F47 now in LTGer Graham's good hands in faaaaaaar north Texas...

Frosty

Reaction score
The CE-100 I bought as an aspiring jazz player in high school. Must have been
an early 60s or maybe even late 50s. I went off in a different direction, classical
guitar, in college and then off in another direction, what I do now on steel strings,
after college. The guitar was unused for several years and I ended up selling it
for cash to a store in Connecticut in, oh, the late 80s maybe. I had a young son,
I needed the money for something or other. I hope I did something useful with
the proceeds!

Kslam

Reaction score
I think it would have to be this M80. I didn't bond with the guitar, but I probably should've given it more time since I'll never find another like it.

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
1964 D-50. Had some issues with loose back braces and I needed an electric for a band gig. Traded it for a 1964 Country Gentleman, around 1975. Kept trading as different gigs came along, can't remember what I finally wound up with after all the trades. I think it was an Ovation classical electric (again for a gig, this playing classical guitar for a wedding ceremony). Sold that to pay for tuition when I returned to school.
Brad

Thunderface

Reaction score
The '77 S-300 with the HB-1s. The '81 S300A-D was my first Guild, and I liked the sunburst pattern and lack of pickguard on the '81 better than the '77, so I sold the '77 to Plague, and I haven't seen another HB-1 equipped S-300 since.

IMG_8836.jpg

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
'60 Starfire II :( But I needed the money and it didn't have the sentimental value of my other Guilds.

Reaction score
Bought a Guild B 302 in a pawn shop for $80.00 in the early 1980's. A good friend had his bass stolen when our studio was broken into so I sold it to him. The good news is he still has it and it is his #1 bass. I can play it anytime I want. Besides he is much better bass player then me. The only other guitar I ever sold was a late 70's Fender acoustic 12 string to buy my 1975 Guild D-50 which I still have. To paraphrase a fellow member "sell my Guilds?...NEVER"
Thanks John

Ravon

Reaction score
  • 1. '84 Mark V Classical (possible cedar top)
  • 2. '82 Artist Award Blonde(DeArmond 1100, Stairstep Pickguard- I was told by my dealer it was a rare bird in that it had a maple top, no flame)
  • Made a partial trade on the Mark V for a new '86 Gibson LP Deluxe and sold the AA for $1200 in '86 as well.... 'If I could turn back time....' :cry: