Drove a $380,000 +/- car today

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
Rolls Royce Phantom sedan, a 2011 I think. Belongs to a customer of mine. Pretty surreal when I thought about the value of what I was driving. Just think of a Guild shopping spree with $380k.
Big, heavy car. Crazy features. Comfortable seats, obviously, of the softest, finest leather I've ever felt.
I'll post a pic later, photobucket is blocked here on my work PC.

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
Heh, yeah. You know where he went in it before he dropped it off with me? McDonalds drive-thru. Don't see that everyday.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
zulu said:
Heh, yeah. You know where he went in it before he dropped it off with me? McDonalds drive-thru. Don't see that everyday.
I ain't buyin' it. Car like that won't fit in the drive-through.
:lol:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
zulu said:
I ain't buyin' it. Car like that won't fit in the drive thru.
Besides, you sure he wasn't actually trying to buy the McDonalds an not just a Big Mac?
:lol:

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
2012-05-09_12-27-47_73.jpg

Why yes, of course I have Grey Poupon. It comes with the car!

I like the hood ornament. When you park it retracts into the grill.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh, wow.... I'd love to drive one of those. I'll bet they're quiet, and smooth and amazing.... what a great car! And with a hood ornament that retracts so the punks can't f**k with it.

If you drive it down to Las Vegas, I have a couple of places I want you to take me..... 8)

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
davismanLV said:
Oh, wow.... I'd love to drive one of those. I'll bet they're quiet, and smooth and amazing.... what a great car! And with a hood ornament that retracts so the punks can't f**k with it.

If you drive it down to Las Vegas, I have a couple of places I want you to take me..... 8)

Yep Quiet, smooth and amazing..check!

Cruisin' the strip in a Rolls. I could handle that. Although I'd probably end up losing it in a poker game. :(

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
zulu said:
davismanLV said:

Cruisin' the strip in a Rolls. I could handle that. Although I'd probably end up losing it in a poker game. :(
I am NOT gonna let you bet the Rolls!!! NOT gonna happen. You know what they say: A man should never gamble more than he can stand to lose....... 8)

Oh wait... it's not YOUR Rolls...... go ahead!!! :lol: :lol:

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
davismanLV said:
zulu said:
davismanLV said:

I am NOT gonna let you bet the Rolls!!! NOT gonna happen. You know what they say: A man should never gamble more than he can stand to lose....... 8)

Oh wait... it's not YOUR Rolls...... go ahead!!! :lol: :lol:

There's a song in there somewhere, Tom.

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ronnie Hawkns is a musical legend. rock and roll and employed those guys who became The Band...Here is one of the stories...Ronnie is bigger than life in a lot of ways... :lol: 8) Steffan

The stories were outrageous and often true, one of the more famous being about the time he bought his Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud. He walked into the dealership in Toronto dressed in jeans, cowboy boots, a windbreaker, and with hair to his shoulders. He walked up to the car and kicked the tires. The sales, man was horrified. "How much?" asked Hawkins. "I doubt if you can afford it," the salesman sniffed. "This RR on the front here, guess that stands for Rock 'n' Roll, right?" The salesman nearly collapsed. "Is that dashboard real wood?" Hawkins asked. "Of course it's real wood," snapped the salesman. "Is there a termite warranty?" asked Hawkins. The salesman was edging him toward the door. "I'd sure like this Rock'n' Roll car, I'll be back later."

He went to Honest Ed's discount store, got a shopping bag. Then he went to his bank, withdrew $18,500 cash. Then he went back to the dealership. The salesman turned white when he stomped in. "How much is this Rock'n' Roll car again?" he persisted. "Eighteen thousand, five hundred," the salesman sighed wearily. "Fine," said Hawkins, "I'll take 'er." He dumped the bag of money on the floor. The salesman's jaw dropped, his eyes popped. "Tell me," said Hawkins to the sales manager, who had come running up at that point, "how much commission would your salesman normally get on this deal?" The sales manager swallowed hard. "About $1,500," he said. "Good," said Hawkins, "then I'll just take back $1,500." He reached down, scooped it up and moments later drove the Rolls out of the showroom.

Geo

Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: Ronnie's cool!! 8) "Who do you Love"!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

hawkins-ronnie-797.jpg

George

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
After a rough life of partying, drugs, smoking, drinking, sex, and rock and roll he beats cancer. He's a little more subdued these days, but still going strong. Loved life and sure helped a lot of young musicians get their start. Strffan

Ross

Reaction score
Guild Total
One of the few to beat pancreatic cancer. He attributes his cure to his prodigious consumption of marijuana.

Geo

Reaction score
Ross said:
One of the few to beat pancreatic cancer. He attributes his cure to his prodigious consumption of marijuana.

I'll buy that. Maybe I should get back to some preventive treatments. 8)

George

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
zulu said:
2012-05-09_12-27-47_73.jpg

Why yes, of course I have Grey Poupon. It comes with the car!

I like the hood ornament. When you park it retracts into the grill.
Gotta admit, I'm not so much into the Rolls formal styling, but I think the Bentley Continental GT from Rolls' sister marque is in the top 10 most gorgeous vehicles ever made, right up there with Ferrari 250 GTO's and Jaguar E-types, and 1970 Olds Cutlass fastback coupes:
http://www.google.com/search?q=bentley+ ... 24&bih=564
Especially live and in person. 8)
If I ever won the lottery, baby, it'd be this, no contest, especially 'cause I could buy it new with a warranty, just like my Guilds! :lol: