RIP Carroll Shelby

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Carrol ... 4441604489

Met Mr. Shelby four years ago. Quite the gentleman and quite the inspiration.

My bucket list dream car I'll most-likely never realize is a 1965 AC Shelby Cobra:

5760388_11-1.jpg

Now I want one even more... :mrgreen:

Geo

Reaction score
Scratch said:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Carroll-Shelby/117534441604489

Met Mr. Shelby four years ago. Quite the gentleman and quite the inspiration.

My bucket list dream car I'll most-likely never realize is a 1965 AC Shelby Cobra:

5760388_11-1.jpg

Now I want one even more... :mrgreen:

I couldn't afford a replica. :shock:

RIP :"Racing Legend"

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I think you need that 2013 630 HP Shelby Scratch......hey 24 mph! $55,000 list....you can do that.

West

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That would be 24 MPG and 200 MPH, Jim. If ya gotta go out; go in style...

I'm thinkin' white with black accents...

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Scratch, Carroll Shelby was born in Leesburg...........he's a Texas boy........I never knew that.

West

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ken,

I bet you could afford this "Shelby", if you could find one :shock:

MustangIIfront34.jpg

Carroll did a lot of great things with cars, but this sure wasn't one of them!

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Scratch, Carroll Shelby was born in Leesburg...........he's a Texas boy........I never knew that.

West

Yessir. When I met him a few years ago, he told me he lived in the Dallas/Fort Worth area somewhere. He also maintained a home in California where he ran most of his enterprise.

When i was a young troop, I had a 1968 Pontiac GTO. It ran like a scalded dog... My best friend at the time had a 1965 Shelby GT. Darn thing ate my lunch every time and got me hooked on hot rod Mustangs, and I've had a few as you know... His Shelby looked just like this one:

mump_0103_04_z1965_ford_mustang_shelby_gt350_extraordinarywhite_exterior_side_view1.jpg

Geo

Reaction score
twocorgis said:
Geo said:
I'd take it! :mrgreen:

George

You'd really be flying with the whopping 139hp under the hood! :shock: :lol:

I'd look pretty good sitting at a red light. :lol:

I can see the heads a turnin'. 8)

George

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sandy,
That Ford leadership in the mid 70s got goofy! Glad they eventually cleaned house and got things back on track...

CS was also the inspiration behind the California Special GT. This one sits in my garage and is the closest I'll ever come to having the Shelby GT 350:

PaPookieGang040.jpg

PaPookieGang039.jpg

PaPookieGang038.jpg

PaPookieGang041.jpg

It runs quite nicely and is lots of fun on these windy hill country roads :D

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice car Ken! As you know, I came pretty close to buying a Mustang GT myself. When push came to shove though, I decided that I needed another car with a real back seat, and after driving an old 5 series BMW for the last seven years, I was pretty well spoiled by the old Blau Mit Weiss, and their über-nice interiors. The 535i that I bought doesn't give much away to a Mustang GT, and it's a real big boy car. best part was it was the same money, and the certified warranty covers it for just as long, and even covers brakes and other wear items for the first year. It's a real hooligan just like a Mustang, disguised as a big boy car. 8)

6942492459_7eeceb9761_b.jpg

Geo

Reaction score
I bought my now ex-wife a silver 528 I. Traded a Nice Dodge 2500 pickup, a really nice Harley FLHTCI,,, (that's a full dresser) and a wad of cash for it. She decided to keep it when we split. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now I have a GMC Sierra Crew cab, an old Caddy and a VW Beetle. :lol:

The BMW was my favorite of all the cars I've ever owned. Even if it was temporarily. :lol:

The ex is a good gal. She didn't try to take my Harleys. 8)

George

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
My nephew in Rochester, N.Y. bought a new Cobra back in 2010. The whole family was visiting at his house. My little niece (my younger sister's daughter) remarked, "Gee where's the pidture of the pony?" Apparently he (Scott) had told his family he bought a Mustang. Well, Scott's wife (Pam) ears perked up. She casually walked back into the house, secretly got on the computer to look up the car her husband just bought. It didn't take long. She came back outside, hands on her hips, a fire in her eyes and growled, "You paid $65,000.00 for a car?!!!!"
Man was that a tense moment and we decided it best we leave. But gosh was it funny. The look on Scott's face was priceless. BTW, he doesn't have that car anymore. Lies like that do come back to haunt a person. I think he's trying to patch up his marriage.
:lol: :lol:

Peace

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Geo said:
I bought my now ex-wife a silver 528 I. Traded a Nice Dodge 2500 pickup, a really nice Harley FLHTCI,,, (that's a full dresser) and a wad of cash for it. She decided to keep it when we split. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The BMW was my favorite of all the cars I've ever owned. Even if it was temporarily. :lol:

BMWs have a way of getting under your skin George, even the two wheeled ones. My love affair started when I was in high school and was dating a "rich girl" from the 'spensive part of town who got a 2002tii when she got her driver's license. Looked just like this one, minilite wheels and all:

bmw0061.jpg

I was never quite the same after driving that one a few times. It was a shame that I liked the car a whole lot better than I liked her. :roll:

Geo

Reaction score
I know what you mean Sandy. Like the slogan says,,, They’re Driving Machines.

My sister just bought a new 5 series. I think I’ll probably get another one. :mrgreen: More than likely shop for a low mileage pre-owned 5 series.

Buying a new one put the hurt on my bank account last time. :shock:

George

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, my. Well, here's a man who had an amazing, full life despite his heart disease. Truly larger than life. RIP, Shel'.