On The Fence About This

loozblooz

Reaction score
Due to a long period of unemployment, I am seriously considering parting ways with my old friend of 40 years, my 1972 F-212XL. But then I listened to Dave Mason's live version of "Can't Stop Worrying, Can't Stop Loving" from the album Headkeeper and I was reminded why I bought it in the first place. And after listening to Ralph Towner's version of "Icarus" from the Diary album, I'm reminded why I kept it. This is breaking my heart. Stay tuned on this one.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I'm not a 12 string guy, but when I hear stories like this it makes me think of situations that have happened here before where a guy sells a guitar, then buys the same guitar back from the guy he sold it to. I wish that could happen here. :)

Keep your chin up.

West

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sad story... try hard to keep it, think of it as helping to keep you mentally strong in your time of trouble.

Good luck, I hope you find employment soon.

walrus

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Yes, Hang in there LB.......Times are tough, but things have a way of turning around after a while. Hopefully, things improve soon for you, and you'll find yourself back on track, and still having your Guilds around to see you through the times ahead.

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Few companions equal your trusty ole guitar in times like these. When life hands a difficult blow one of the most meaningful havens is found in that wooden friend.

Hope you find employment soon and that you somehow manage to keep that Guild...

Ravon

Reaction score
Been there done that. Looking back, selling it (Les Paul Deluxe)was actually one of the mistakes I made when unemployed. It'll get better :) !

learnintoplay62

Reaction score
Hang in there LB :wink: Start selling other things first, just look around and I'm sure there are plenty of things that you can sell at a yard sale. Of course you have to do what ya gotta do, but I would sell less important things first :D
Have faith LB it's going to be alright.
Bob

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I hope you can hang in there :( I've been there, finally found work with the Post Office after being laid off 3.5 years. Posted pics of my F-512 in "Wished I'da Kept It" thread :(

I'd love to have a -212, I'd guess the neck isn't as wide as my '81 F-512 was. With my short fingers, the -512 was tough for me to play for extended periods. It had outstanding action , but the reach! :( Sounded like a Steinway, though.

Hang in there, brother!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
If I may be so bold, no snarkiness intended, but to borrow a phrase from Gilbert Shelton's Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers:
"A Guild will get you through times of no job better than a job will get you through times of no Guild"
For one thing, you could busk for tips in the guitar case...
For another, is whatever you get for it really gonna make enough difference to be worth it when you are employed again?
Just offerin' some food for thought to help justify keeping it. :wink:

loozblooz

Reaction score
Thank you fellow LTG'ers for the kind and encouraging words. It helps to know people can actually give a damn especially when they don't know you. I'll try and explore other options before I sell the 212. I still might have to part with it but not today. This really is a special community. Thanks again.

hojo199

Reaction score
Here's a really dumb one: in 1997 I needed a car so I sold my Fender Stratocaster to get one. Yeah, and the guitar was a 1959 -- with the slab rosewood board like SRV's. That stupid car is LONG gone. And so is the guitar. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Keep it!!!

Good luck with the career search.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
:( Sold my D-25 and T-100D to a music store and a week later I got a job. They weren't there when I got back to the store.

Keep the faith, I'm starting to see tiny signs that things just might be getting better around our neck of the woods.
North Jersey or South?