"Shaft" guitarist died...

CA-35

Reaction score
Droppin' like flies around here. :(

Every day it's someone else that we know of or grew up with. When I was younger it never phased me mostly because I didn't know the person, or know of his or her accomplishments throughout life so I didn't care.
Being older, and having different priorities and values, now when someone passes there is a 99% chance they were around during my adult lifetime and it hurts. I actually miss them, or miss their contribution to my life.

Death affects us all differently but it surely is a part of life we all have to contend with, at one point or another.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Awwwww, $hit!! Another one passes..... this is a sad week in music. Jeeze I remember his more memorable contributions, and probably grooved to many more that I did not know he was responsible for. A sad day..... RIP "Skip"....

I hear ya, Scott.... it becomes more poignant as time marches on...... sheesh.

Geo

Reaction score
CA-35 said:
Droppin' like flies around here. :(

It's crazy! :shock: If I were counting I'd of lost count by now. We're all wearing out the R, I, P keys on our keyboards.

RIP Charles Pitts.

George

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
"Right on!"
That song....Theme from Shaft....just reeked of Funky cool! Isaac Hayes? More cool still. 8) I loved it in the days it was all over the radio......and just now put it on ( youtube) and was blown away by how great it still sounds.
Never heard of Charles Pitts, But now I have, and I am most impressed.
R.I.P. In the 'hereafter', He must be in the land of the super-cool! :wink:
"...Can you dig it?"

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
CA-35 said:
Death affects us all differently but it surely is a part of life we all have to contend with, at one point or another.
And puttin' it off for as long as possible brings out the procrastinator in all of us too, eh?
:?

spiderman

Reaction score
Wonderful composition, sorry to hear of his passing. Here is a version sans wah-wah pedal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfK-UzQ48JE

Harmony H-173 bought in 1960 (retired), Alvarez AC60S 2008, Eastman AC320ce 2009 "Hybrid", Guild D25M 1974, Martin Grand J35E 2009, Martin D12-20 1970, Martin OM-21 2009, Martin 00-15M Custom (full body gloss, wide neck) 2011, Voyage-air VAOM-06 2010
"I'm glad there are a lot of guitar players pursuing technique as diligently as they possibly can, because it leaves this whole other area open to people like me."
Richard Thompson