Guild CO-2C Tacoma

c70man

Reaction score
How long have you owned the CO-2C: 2+years
Year & specific model: '08 C0-2C (see below)
Purchased new or used: Used from a Guild dealer (has the Used Stamp)
Price paid: $1,000

Owners rate 1 (least appreciated) to 10 (most appreciated) in following categories with comments as desired:

Build quality: 10
Looks: 10
Projection: 8
Bass: 8
Mids: 8
Highs: 8
Sustain: 9
Playability/comfort: 10
Dependability: 10
Fingerstyle: 10
Flatpick: 8
Strum: 10

Condition (Mint/Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): Excellent condition (guitar and case). No noticeable problems or repairs anywhere. Action was medium with lots of saddle.

Favorite Strings (one selection only): Elixirs

Would you buy another if lost/sold: Yes

Overall Assessment: This guitar has a very balanced sound good for all types of playing....I often use alternate tunings and it holds up to the test.

I had my luthier set it up for me and other than shaving the saddle for action and adjusting the nut, I'm very happy with it...he did say the saddle needed to be re-adjusted on the bridge for perfect intonation, but thought the factory set up was good. He offered to buy it from me. (He's a local musician in Tampa as well).

I get nothing but "wowed" responses from other musicians that I've let play it at open mic...which tells me more about the guitar than just listening to it myself.

I'm very happy with it, and I've gone back and forth with Elixirs and D'Addarios...hard to pick one I prefer.

Did I mention the guitar looks great too?....its definitely opening up more and more...it only gets better sounding with age.

Body Style: Guild orchestra
Scale Length: 25.5"
Top: Solid red spruce
Bracing: Guild scalloped red spruce
Back And Sides: Solid mahogany
Neck: Mahogany (bolt-on)
Width At Nut: 1-3/4"
Fingerboard: Ebony
Bridge: Ebony
Hardware: Nickel
Finish: Nitro lacquer
Frets: 21
Machine Heads: Gotoh® 700 series
Unique Features: Patent pending Guild graphite neck block system, bound ebony fingerboard, ebony bridge, abalone dot inlays, bone nut and saddle, ivoroid body binding.