What gives with the Guild site and mobile devices?

smatsumoto

Reaction score
I went to Rudy's in Times Sq on Saturday.  What a disappointing visit, but that is another story.  I found a little GAD M-120 on the wall.  I am looking for a 00 size to upgrade the GS-Mini.  Not bad, but the neck is a bit chunky for me.  Two Google searches later I find that there are two Guild Concert sue guitars: the M-120 and an F-20 Standard.  So far so good.

Go to the Guild website on my iPad and try to find the specs for the F-20. Navigate to the Concert size guitars and click on the F-20. Up pops the pop-up window with the price. Try to click on something to take me to more info. No joy. What gives?

I first wrote this as an email to Bill Ashton to yank his chain, but figured that posting here would be a stronger yank and also yield someone fixing the site for mobile devices.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
What gives with people posting to the wrong topic?

**Edit*** this comment is not longer relevant since it was moved by the moderator!!! Feel free to delete if you want...

walrus

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Fine with me, default! Just a little sarcasm...

walrus

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What gives with people saying what gives?

:)

Will move to misc. Good point though... I don't know if they get a lot of use on mobile devices. Apparently not!

ladytexan

Reaction score
smatsumoto said:
I first wrote this as an email to Bill Ashton to yank his chain, but figured that posting here would be a stronger yank and also yield someone fixing the site for mobile devices.
I can't imagine why one would refer to contacting a fellow LTGer as 'yanking his chain'....especially, our great fellow LTGer, Bill Ashton. :(

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
smatsumoto said:

Perhaps it would have been better as an email? Bill does not have any special line to Fender that I (and presumably most of the rest of us) know about and LTG does not have any special way to ask Fender to do things.

If you're just going for "public shame" then I understand why you posted but hope you really don't expect to see changes.

Thanks for the warning that the official site doesn't support mobile well.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
smatsumoto said:
...but figured that posting here would be a stronger yank and also yield someone fixing the site for mobile devices.
Maybe a simple good old phone call to Guild might be the better solution:
http://www.guildguitars.com/support
We are not able to fix the company webpage, we are a private forum of Guild Guitar lovers.
Ralf

Geo

Reaction score
SFIV1967 said:
smatsumoto said:
...but figured that posting here would be a stronger yank and also yield someone fixing the site for mobile devices.
Maybe a simple good old phone call to Guild might be the better solution:
http://www.guildguitars.com/support
We are not able to fix the company webpage, we are a private forum of Guild Guitar lovers.
Ralf

That's right,,,, What gives....??? :lol:

George

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Just stumbled upon this! Scott's a good friend (you may remember him from LMG 1 doing a Tommy Emmanuel tune at the open mic) and great player...trying to get him into the Guild fold. We send each other little jabs back and forth, just glad I found it! :lol:

So, who is the webmaster over there at Guild? :lol:

...oh, and I have found the support desk (computer wise) not very supportive at Guild, unfortunately...

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Bill Ashton said:
...oh, and I have found the support desk (computer wise) not very supportive at Guild, unfortunately...
I think the term "support desk" actually falls into the category of "oxymoron".
:roll: