Question on feasability

guitarjamman

Reaction score
Is it possible to do an online jam through this website? For example - I play a nice chord progression for a number of measures and post it. Someone else comes along (bass players?) and throws some bass on top of my progression then reposts the layered sound. Get someone else to come along and play a little melody over it and then repost.....so on and so on until we have a complete song.

There are kinks to work out (i.e. sound quality reproduction) but it seems like with basic materials and speakers, it could work.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
guitarjamman said:
Is it possible to do an online jam through this website? For example - I play a nice chord progression for a number of measures and post it. Someone else comes along (bass players?) and throws some bass on top of my progression then reposts the layered sound. Get someone else to come along and play a little melody over it and then repost.....so on and so on until we have a complete song.

There are kinks to work out (i.e. sound quality reproduction) but it seems like with basic materials and speakers, it could work.

It's been tried with varying degrees of success. Some folks are more comfortable with recording processes that others, and equipment varies across the board.

Search is your friend!

Dave :D

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here is one attempt although I don't know if the results are still posted.

My sense from the previous experience is that most of the people who are already prepared to record are somewhat busy with other projects and just about everyone else has to overcome the hurdle of recording.

In my case I lashed something up that ultimately drove my computer's sound card but all I could do was record me playing along with someone else's track. Thankfully zulu was willing and able to mix things.

I'd do it again although my major realization from the experience is that I suck and am not nearly as good at keeping time or deviating from a rote pattern as I thought I was.