What a Photo !!!

Geo

Reaction score
Untitledattachment00201.jpg

THIS IS A PICTURE THAT SOMEONE TOOK WHO WORKS ON AN OIL RIG.

HE WAS GOING TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THE LIGHTNING AND WAS
UNAWARE OF THE TORNADO UNTIL THE LIGHTNING LUMINATED IT.!!

Taken South of Ft Stockton,TEXAS.!!

George

Geo

Reaction score
I have no answers.... The picture was emailed to me from my brother.... Don't know where he came across it. :?: :?: :?:

Incompetent George

Geo

Reaction score
That answers Joe's questions. Fine detective work poser! :wink:

Good eye Joe!! 8)

Bogus George

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Geo said:
That answers Joe's questions. Fine detective work poser! :wink:

Good eye Joe!! 8)

Bogus George

The shot may very well be fake, but there's little doubt that a similar scene has taken place many times across the state of Texas. With the frequency of severe weather here in Texas and the number of oil and gas rigs statewide, along with the lightning strikes, it doesn't take much of an imagination to believe that a similar scene had played out on several occasions.

"A" for effort though Bogus George. :lol:

West

CA-35

Reaction score
As phony as my neighbor's new rack.

Any one who has been close to a tornado will confirm that not only can you hear it but you feel the air pressure changing, as well as all the available air rushing towards the cone. Absolutely an altered photo but great post, thanx for the entertainment. :lol:

Notice the man on the platform (white t-shirt blue hard hat) and what appears to be a very limp flag to the left of him?

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
CA-35 said:
As phony as my neighbor's new rack.

Any one who has been close to a tornado will confirm that not only can you hear it but you feel the air pressure changing, as well as all the available air rushing towards the cone. Absolutely an altered photo but great post, thanx for the entertainment. :lol:
I've been close enough to tornadoes (specifically on an early morning in April of '91 outside Tonkawa, OK) to know that if you're outside, it would be very difficult to be "unaware" that something serious is going on. Tornadoes are NOT quiet! :shock:

Joe