Listen Up Doc Watson Fans

Dr. Spivey

Reaction score
Yesterday the Wisconsin Public Radio program Simply Folk featured an hour long recording of a concert Doc and Richard Watson did in Madison in 2003. As far as I know, this is the only place to hear this recording. The audio and the music are very good. This will most likely only be up for 2 weeks.

Click on the June 3 show. When the player comes up it loads pretty slowly. You can adjust the volume, and advance/rewind, but there are no other controls. The concert is from the 2-3 hour mark, if you want to skip the rest.

http://wpr.org/simplyfolk/

For blues fans, The Blue Side is another good WPR program. Mary does a good job of covering new music as well as the classics.

http://wpr.org/regions/gby/blueside/

Dr. Spivey

Reaction score
You're welcome gentlemen. And thank you Marcus for the Download Helper link. A useful tool, for sure.

Frosty

Reaction score
Hmm... Markus I have used that for video but I don't see the toolbar widget thingy
acknowledging that there is audio to download. Can you buy me a clue?

markus

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Michael, let me try:
if you have installed the plugin to the browser and start the mp3-stream the red-yellow-blue logo up left starts spinning. Just right click it, select "media" (? - sorry I have the German version installed with XP and brand-new Firefox) and then with the mp3 file select download.
I have to admit that my use of this plugin is kind of try and error. I'm not to familiar with it and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't …
Did this help? If it didn't, I'll email you a more detailed version of this little how-to tomorrow.

Markus :)

Frosty

Reaction score
Thanks Markus.

Yes, now that Blue/Yellow/Red thing is spinning. It wasn't before, honest!
Ok, download in progress!

markus

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Frosty said:
Yes, now that Blue/Yellow/Red thing is spinning. It wasn't before, honest!
I learned that it starts spinning with a few seconds delay and often stops after a while; restarting the browser and/or the streaming site often helps.
I never thought I could give computer help to you! Next time ask me for fingerpicking tricks … :lol:
Markus :D