Generic eBay annoyance...

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I don't do a lot of ebaying, but enough to know the game, I have perhaps 250 or so buying/selling transactions.

I recently bought a magazine, and once again I never received any feedback, even though I left it for the seller. I find that really annoying! Either as a seller who tries hard to please, ships quickly, etc. or as a buyer who pays right away every time, it irks me when the other person does not leave me positive feedback!

Feedback ratings are the only way to have at least a chance of knowing if the other person is fair to deal with, so the more you have the better. When I don't get it it's one less chance to "pad" my rating.

It's so easy to take less than a minute to do it, it is annoying when people don't!

walrus

Alan_M

Reaction score
Yep. Just sold a guy an item. Was out of town when he used the BIN option, so when I got back 1 1/2 days later I sent an email and apologized for the late response, and shipped it out the next day. It arrived within a couple more days, maybe a total of 5-6 days from purchase to door. Never heard any response or feedback from him. And he's left plenty of feedback for others. Makes me nervous that he may be contemplating some BS about a "problem" with the item because he changed his mind or something like that. The item was new, perfect working condition and not really subject to any shipping damage, so if he does, I'll know it's a lie.
Seems like the bay only favors buyers, not sellers anymore. I sold an item about a year ago that was used but totally accurately described with tons of high rez pix. The buyer came up with some "flaw" that was clear from the photos, but the bay made me refund anyway, in fact tried to automatically withdraw the funds from my Paypal account. I had drained it beforehand so then they sent me all these threatening messages about my account status and all that crap. In hindsight, I could've just closed all my accounts and there wouldn't be bupkus they could do about it. They wouldn't sue me, too costly. Plus I feel I'd have won in small claims court because the "flaw" was so clearly disclosed, and they had no right to make me refund in the first place.
To top it all off, the buyer gave me a poor rating even though I issued a full refund! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: And because they opened a case against me, I couldn't leave feedback in return :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The bay ought to be fair to both parties. Especially since they are making their money off the sellers.

rws11

Reaction score
Considering the fees between ebay and paypal, and the apparent disregard for the seller, I'm surprised anybody sells there anymore.