One of the BEST HS graduation ceremony speeches ever.....

learnintoplay62

Reaction score
I really appreciate his point of view. I think at first I heard some nervous chatter from the attendees; like are you serious, you can't tell me that . It's probably the first time in there young life that anyone has told them that :shock: I appreciated how he broke it down with simple math. Of course, our kids are special to US, but not necessarily to others.
Alas, some student in the crowd will no doubt sue him in the future for emotional damage. :?
I am trying to look at the glass half full, sometimes though, I just can't find the faucet :shock:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Refreshing and relevant! I teach at a college nearby to the school you have linked to - we had Barney Frank as speaker a few weeks ago - he was neither refreshing nor relevant...

Although, I must admit, he did not treat our students as special, since he simply walked out after his speech, and did not stay for the rest of the ceremony...

Nice link, davisman!

(note to moderators - this not a political post, simply one of comparing good/bad graduation speakers)

walrus

CA-35

Reaction score
Spot on speech......so true. Great post Tom.

Unfortunately it went in one ear and came out the other for most of the graduates, and all of the parents.

Ravon

Reaction score
Great Tom! Mom always told me "Well mister, aren't you special" all my life but now I'm not so sure :?

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
walrus said:
Refreshing and relevant! I teach at a college nearby to the school you have linked to - we had Barney Frank as speaker a few weeks ago - he was neither refreshing nor relevant...

Although, I must admit, he did not treat our students as special, since he simply walked out after his speech, and did not stay for the rest of the ceremony...

Nice link, davisman!

(note to moderators - this not a political post, simply one of comparing good/bad graduation speakers)

walrus

:lol:

West