Re: Hubert Sumlin and a vintage Guild acoustic guitar blues

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Just wondering how I became the author of this thread....... :roll:

guildcrazy1

Reaction score

Again as before my apologies that this video have been posted already. Please delete this topic if it is a problem. I must really learn to search before I post every time. I can't see the need to remind the posting party every time if something is already posted but this seems to be standard practice here I assume. My apologies for having post this again :!:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Re: Reposting, please delete

There was no apology needed, and my thanks to you for bringing it again were genuine and sincere.... so allow me to bring it back up for whomever might have missed it the first time around.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uljcbObxSOQ

Now, if you had posted asking: "what are the best strings for finger play?" that would have been a whole other ball game, and I may have bothered bringing you links of the last 3 or 4 threads on the subject from the past few months, after kicking the dog!
Oh waitaminit.... I don't have a dog... so I would definitely have brought up the links.
Go HEAT! :lol:

Geo

Reaction score

From one of the members who had not seen the video, "Thanks"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Blues Power!! 8)

George

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

guildcrazy1 said:
Again as before my apologies that this video have been posted already. Please delete this topic if it is a problem. I must really learn to search before I post every time. I can't see the need to remind the posting party every time if something is already posted but this seems to be standard practice here I assume. My apologies for having post this again :!:

As a moderator I have this fantasy that some day a visitor from the future will come to LTG looking for something. In order to make that visitor's task easier, when I detect a duplicate post I will do one of the following:

• Merge the old and new topics
  • Post a link to the old posting in the new topic
  • Mention that "we have seen this before" but not provide links
  • Delete the duplicate and/or make a snarky comment about using the search function

I have stopped doing the latter because moderator snarkiness does not make LTG a nicer place to be and the search function really leaves something to be desired. Try searching by model number to see what I mean.

The problem is that many people think that they are being shamed for some great crime when told they reposted, when reality there was no censure intended.

So unless the post you duplicated appears within a couple of topics on the same page as the new post there is nothing to worry about or apologize for.

Dr. Spivey

Reaction score

I hadn't seen that clip before, and having once met Hubert it brought a big smile to my face. :D

geoguy

Reaction score

I also hadn't seen that clip . . . thanks for posting it.

So sorry I failed to see Hubert the last time he played in the Boston area. :(