Surprise at Sam Ash today

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I was over in Orlando this afternoon, and I popped into Sam Ash for a look-see. Wandered back to the acoustic room and they had two new 100 series (A.K.A. GAD) guitars hanging on the wall. In addition, the room was festooned with a shiny new Guild banner and some kind of Guild neon light thingy.

The salesman said they'd just arrived. I asked if they were going to get any of the US-built Guilds, and he said he didn't know. But he guessed that they would, considering all the display materials they'd been sent.

And, no... unfortunately I didn't have time to play one. I think it was a D-150 and a D-150C

Dave :D

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thunderface said:
But did you have time to snap a photo with your cell phone? :wink:

I did have time, TF. But I can't get pictures off of my phone (no data plan).

CA-35

Reaction score
dapmdave said:
Thunderface said:
I did have time, TF. But I can't get pictures off of my phone (no data plan).Dave :D

Dave I have two words fer ya......Metro PCS. Smart phone with all the bells and whistles $99 and monthly service for $48.
Come on Dude it's the 90's get with the program :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p :D :shock: :lol: 8) :D

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
CA-35 said:
dapmdave said:
Thunderface said:
I did have time, TF. But I can't get pictures off of my phone (no data plan).Dave :D

Dave I have two words fer ya......Metro PCS. Smart phone with all the bells and whistles $99 and monthly service for $48.
Come on Dude it's the 90's get with the program :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p :D :shock: :lol: 8) :D

Man, the only reason my phone has a camera is because I couldn't find a phone without one. I'm just not the type to spend any more than is absolutely necessary for a phone. I use it to talk, and nothing else.

A grouchy old fart I may be, but I don't care. :lol:

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
lawn-58406372177.jpeg

Zelja

Reaction score
Salesperson: And what features are you looking for on your phone sir?
Me: Errm, well I want to make & receive phone calls. Is this a trick question or something? :? :roll:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dave, that's very good to hear.

I had heard that Guildy things were progressing with Sam Ash, but I didn't realize they'd started to roll it out. Great news (for us and for Guild)!

I don't know about everyone's experiences, but Sam Ash was always a terrific music store back when I was coming up in Long Island, NY. My guess is, yes, you will start seeing NH product there soon, Dave.

And, Sandy, if you're watching this thread... Time to start cruising the LI Sam Ash stores and keep us posted. You may finally have your wish!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Chazmo said:

I had heard that Guildy things were progressing with Sam Ash, but I didn't realize they'd started to roll it out. Great news (for us and for Guild)!

I don't know about everyone's experiences, but Sam Ash was always a terrific music store back when I was coming up in Long Island, NY. My guess is, yes, you will start seeing NH product there soon, Dave.

And, Sandy, if you're watching this thread... Time to start cruising the LI Sam Ash stores and keep us posted. You may finally have your wish!

I usually only go in there maybe twice a year, but I'll be keeping a closer eye on Sam Ash, now. I might have to journey up to the Winter Park store, too.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Chazmo said:

Great news! Now that Dave mentions it, I might just have to cruise by the nearest Sam Ash here. I gave up looking after checking fairly regularly the last couple of years.