Cooperstand

ladytexan

Reaction score
George,

I use a Hercules mini-stand when I travel. It is extremely stable and folds-up to almost nothing (1.9 lbs) - prices vary, but about $33. In fact, my GF30 is sitting in it right now. :) The Cooperstand looks interesting.

herculesstand.jpg
GS401BMain.jpg

Geo

Reaction score
Well, that's the way to go then. I didn't know Hercules made a fold down model that small. I sure like their stands. Thanks Toni! :wink:

George

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That Cooperstand looks nice, but I probably wouldn't stray too far from Hercules. They make good stuff.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
FNG said:
That Cooperstand looks nice, but I probably wouldn't stray too far from Hercules. They make good stuff.
I agree.

But even looking at the cooperstand, I wouldn't trust it on stage, George. Go with the Hercules.

Geo

Reaction score
I just ordered two Hercules mini-stands. $33.20 each with free shipping. Thanks again Toni!! :wink:

Thanks Chaz & FNG. 8)

George

ladytexan

Reaction score
Geo said:
I just ordered two Hercules mini-stands. $33.20 each with free shipping. Thanks again Toni!! :wink:
Glad I could help, George. I have been tremendously happy with mine. Hercules' quality, and most importantly...stable, sturdy and easy to take with you. :) Enjoy!

Thunderface

Reaction score
George,

I have one of the Fender folding electric stands which I like...

DV016_Jpg_Large_454506_back_w-guitar.jpg

and they have an acoustic one as well.

DV016_Jpg_Large_454511_back_w-guitar.jpg

Just a thought, although while typing this I see you already ordered the Hercules ones. Good call there as well.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And Hercules is safe for Nitro finishes of Guilds, which I at least would always question for the others.

http://www.herculesstands.com/faq.html#
"Is SFF (Special Formulated Foam) safe for Nitrocellulose lacquer finish?
As a professional stand manufacturer, HERCULES goes to great lengths to provide the highest quality and the most secure stands. HERCULES had conducted numerous experiments on our SFF foam and is pleased to find that it does not react with most of the guitar finishes in the market, including Nitrocellulose. The tests included subjecting the instruments on the stand to heat, cold and normal temperatures for periods of up to six months without movement.
However, each manufacturer has their own formulation of Nitrocellulose, with differing proportions of the chemicals involved. There are literally thousands of different variations of lacquer in use today, making it impossible to test them all. Therefore, to provide your valuable guitars with the best support, we recommend you to refer to your instrument's owners manual for more information regarding the proper storage of your instrument."

EDIT: Cooperstand also seems to be o.k. for Nitro: "Cooperstand does not recommend the use of commercially manufactured stands for long term use, permanent display or storage. Our products are tested safe for finishes we have tested, and most instrument finishes on the market including nitrocellulose lacquer."

Ralf

Last edited: