At the crossroads of the vintage guitar market/Reuters News

Sal

Reaction score
An interesting article about the rise and fall and rise again of vintage guitar prices; Guild being aptly named with the Martins and Gibsons for collectability:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/14/us-column-yourmoney-vintageguitars-idUSBRE85D0PS20120614

"American Gibson and Fender guitars from the 1950s and 1960s are among the most valuable, though vintage Rickenbackers (favored by The Beatles, The Byrds and Tom Petty) have made big strides in recent years, according to van der Vorst and other market watchers. On the acoustic side, Martin, Gibson and Guild rank as highly prized brands."

Personally I'm not excited about inflated prices as I don't keep anything around I'm not playing … well, I don't have two of anything anyways. :) I'd still like an F or M 20 before they cost more than a car.

Ravon

Reaction score
Thanks Sal. Guild getting the respect and recognition in with the big makers is always good thing 8)

ladytexan

Reaction score
Great article, Sal! Thanks for posting. Looks like the secret is out, though. :wink: Now everyone will know what we've known for a long time - Guilds are great guitars!

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Good stuff, Sal. Thanks for the post...

Typical Scratch move to sell off most of the herd before they appreciate!! :?